I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Lives forever changed


There should be a law against the making of little caskets.
It just isn't right.
As I was getting ready to go to Luca's funeral today, I knew it 
was going to be difficult. I never imagined it would be as difficult
as it was. As the family entered the chapel, Annalisa, Luca's mother
was beside the little casket with her had on it, sobbing. 
No mother should ever have to go through a day like today.
Luca fought leukemia for 27 of the 36 months he was on this earth.

"As we sat in an emergency room some 27 months ago and heard the words,
your son has leukemia,
our lives changed forever." 
~Luca's dad

A sweet little girl named Piper stood and sang a song called,
If I listen with my heart, I hear the Savior's Voice.
She was almost to the end of the song when her emotions
took hold of her and she began to cry. 
There was not a dry in the entire chapel.
Bishop Richard C. Edgley then stood to offer a few words.
He reminded Luca's parents that as they listen with their hearts,
they will hear Luca's voice. 

I really hate cancer.
However, I was again reminded today that there many 
things cancer can't take away.
It can't take away love, memories or families.

4 comments:

Zoey's mom, Heather said...

Not fair. just not fair.

Today marks 30 days since our precious Klein left us. I mark time like that, 30 days, 6 months, 2 years, as I remember our fellow warriors. I have been touched forever by their stories and their journey's and I keep their grieving families, my friends, close to my heart and in my prayers, always.

Like you Polly and your beautiful clan.

Unfair. All of it.

Rochelle said...

I agree cancer sucks. But, you are so right it can't take those memories or the love of a family. Praying for this family as they grieve their son.

Jami said...

I thought I saw you at the funeral. I thought it was a very touching service. Luca was an incredible young fighter with a strength almost unmatched to go through all he went through. I agree that I hate cancer. We need a cure.

Kristin said...

So sorry. Praying for this family.