I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. I've contemplated on many occasions rather I should quit this blog or not. Each time I am inspired that I should not. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever! This I know. Our family continues to live and to love and this is our story...

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year

First off...
Every single child on Reece's Rainbow Angel Tree 
made their goal!
Thank you for those who supported Maribel
 and all of the other angels.
Hopefully each of these children will be blessed with
 a family in 2012, and families will be
blessed with these precious children.

Our New Year celebration began with the
annual blowing up of the gingerbread houses



followed by the annual
burning of the Christmas tree and 
many fireworks


and a lantern for our girl. 

I wish I had something profound to say as we begin yet another year.
But, I'm still trying to find my own way.
Something that I am seeking for, something that might seem simple to some,
yet for me, for the past 17 1/2 months,
has been anything but simple...
Peace and Joy 
Hopefully, we can all find it in 2012


6 comments:

Zoey's mom, Heather said...

Sending you peace and love my sweet friend, as you continue to navigate life without your girl. We are here. Right beside you. If that helps. Speaking our prayers, with hearts filled with hope, that joy will find you and enfold you.

Kristin said...

Haha - love the gingerbread explosions! We should start that tradition. I just threw ours in the trash yesterday . No fun it that ;)
Yay for RR!!

Amy L said...

Happy New Year Polly and family! I love your family traditions:) I pray that you will find comfort this year and that each day will bring a smile......when thinking of Kristen. Your beautiful angel is always in my heart....

stephanie said...

You blew up your gingerbread house!! OMG! That's a hoot! What a tradition! And burned your tree! Is this a Utah thing? Because there would be all sorts of police involved if we starting burning and blowing up Christmas decorations here in RI, LOL

Cindy said...

Those are amazing traditions!

I've been thinking about you Polly and I pray you have a blessed, peaceful 2012.

Peter Olson said...

Happy New Year!
I hope those little gingerbread people had home owner's insurance. :-)
Wishing you Peace and Joy in this new year
:-)