I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. I've contemplated on many occasions rather I should quit this blog or not. Each time I am inspired that I should not. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever! This I know. Our family continues to live and to love and this is our story...

Thursday, December 1, 2011

trees are sold!

Kristen's tree
"Christmas Magic"
Katy and Kamie both helped me decorate this tree.
I think Kristen would have LOVED it.




Kamie donated and decorated a tree for my dad. She wanted to surprise my mom.
I think my mom was rather surprised. My mom really wanted to buy the tree,
 so she bid on the tree and didn't get it.
The ornaments on this tree are 
Waterford's 12 days of Christmas
They are fabulous.
The tree is called
"Grandpa's Tree"




Kamie also decorated a tree for Kristen.
This tree is called
"Missing our Angel"




I also decorated a tree for another cancer warrior.
Her name is Jessenia and her tree is called.
"Message from Heaven"




All of our trees sold opening night. We are so thankful to all
of those who support the festival. Everyone is so generous with their donations.
Between both Kamie and I we were able to raise over $1400.00 for the hospital.


One more thing...
the family room has been cleaned and a tree has been
 decorated for Kristen's table.

6 comments:

Amy L said...

They are all so beautiful! I know that Kristen is so proud of all you do to help others who are facing cancer or have lost someone they love to cancer. Kristen is a precious angel and you Polly, are truly an angel here on Earth.

Love to you all,
Amy

Jami said...

I don't know if you remember me, but I was one of Kristen's nurses on ICS a few times. I love to follow your blog. You are doing wonderful things to help other families in need. I have to say that out of all of the trees at the Festival this year, my 3 year old daughter's favorite was Kristen's princess tree. She stood by that one for about 20 minutes. I also loved the one you did in honor of sweet Jessenia. They were all beautiful!

Rochelle said...

Of course they sold opening night. They are all fabulous. You did a wonderful job. What a huge blessing to the hospital! Thank you for always serving the world.

kim said...

beautiful....
I just donated to Maribels account, cant wait to get my ornament for my daughter (12) who keeps asking and asking for a little sister from Russia/EE....my husband rolls his eyes...but maybe someday...in the meantime, I watch and pray and donate as often as I can.

Peter Olson said...

Beautiful trees!
Great work
Merry Christmas!

Kristin said...

Loved all your trees. I didn't realize that two were even yours. Great decorating taste :) Piper LOVED the 'Christmas Magic' princess tree!