I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. I've contemplated on many occasions rather I should quit this blog or not. Each time I am inspired that I should not. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever! This I know. Our family continues to live and to love and this is our story...

Monday, December 5, 2011

Santa Coke

I was really disappointed when I saw that coke had polar bears on their Christmas coke.
It's a crazy thing to be disappointed about, but you see, 
Kristen loved Santa coke. 
When she was in the hospital she would even order Santa coke.  
Looks like I didn't need to be disappointed at all, look what Kamie found today...


Awesome Santa Coke

Life has been crazy lately. I've said it time and time again that I would not allow
myself to get so busy with things that don't matter.
Now I have found myself too busy with things that do matter.
I don't really know what to do about it other than to just keep going. 
Hopefully in a few days things will slow down a bit.
Ryan is almost finished with his eagle scout project.
He has been making activity bags for the children in the cancer unit.
We are also going to be dropping off Build a Bears to the children in the cancer unit
in Kristen's name. This will be the 3rd year that we have been able to deliver 
the bears. Thank you to everyone who has donated a bear.
I just have to share these next pictures of these 2 little cuties I tended today.




3 comments:

Groves said...

Little, darling SWEETHEARTS. They could not have a better Grandma, either!

Whenever I want to feel busy & creative, I look at your blog. :)

Then I go back to my own - still busy but much less creative - life. :)

Love,

Cathy in Missouri

Peter Olson said...

Aw, so cute.
You have your priorities set perfectly.
I pray that the joy, hope, peace and love fill you to overflowing this Christmas. Amen!

Cindy said...

Sweet babies! And I absolutely love the Santa Coke ornament! It's perfect!