I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Friday, December 9, 2011

In memory of those who walk more closely in the hands of God

To some it might seem strange that I regularly visit cemeteries.
One in particular, I visit almost every single day.
Another, the Salt Lake City Cemetery, I visit once a year.
Today was that day.
There is an angel there, 
The Christmas Box Angel
This is place where grieving parents can go to grieve and heal.
This is my second year seeking out the angel.

Today as my son, Ryan and I, walked through the cemetery,
I saw the most unusual headstone. I could tell from a far distance 
that the statue was a small boy standing in a wheelchair. 
I practically ran to the statue. 
This is what I found...





As I stood there I could hardly move.
The saying on Matthew's headstone was also so fitting for Kristen 
and her many friends. 
It reminded me that I am so very blessed to call Kristen my daughter.
She truly inspired and continues to inspire my heart.
How blessed we are to have these special children in our lives.

The Christmas Box Angel

And now to the cemetery that I visit daily...

The cemetery where both Kristen and my dad are buried had a 
gathering the other night.
All of the children made luminaries and sky lanterns were passed out.
I made sure Kristen's tree was in place and decorated 
and that my dad had a wreath. 
We all gathered together, lit candles and sent up the sky lanterns.







I quote the headstone of a little boy named Matthew,
My Dad and Kristen,
with their legacy complete in love
have returned home again to God,
to behold His face and be wholly healed in joy
forever more.

5 comments:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

So beautiful... I love that quote... it really does make me think of so many of our little friends who have gone Home. I found this online about Matthew... http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=7140314 He sounds like a very special little boy.

Cindy said...

This brought tears to my eyes. That headstone of the boy rising up from his wheelchair, oh my word. Such a glorious day for heaven when the children return home!

Jana said...

too bad you didn't get a picture of the lantern that got stuck in the tree.. :) Also I was thinking today that it has been awhile since I visited the World Market, my classes end this coming week...pre-christmas shopping trip perhaps? :)

Rochelle said...

Beautiful! I lit up my sugar cookie candle yesterday and thought of you and your sweet girl!

Kristin said...

Yes, beautiful.