I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. I've contemplated on many occasions rather I should quit this blog or not. Each time I am inspired that I should not. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever! This I know. Our family continues to live and to love and this is our story...

Saturday, December 24, 2011

I wish...

that a cemetery wasn't part of our Christmas celebration.
Rich and I went early and lit the candles and turned on the tree lights.
I left a basket of bells for the kiddies.
I told them to choose a bell and jingle it, then they could either take it 
with them or hang it on Kristen's tree.
When we first arrived at the cemetery, my dad and Kristen were
 already being visited by Christmas geese.



We returned later to see the soft glow of Christmas lights and candles.


As hard as this Christmas season has been, 
I am so thankful that the promise of Christmas is everywhere.

Two thousand years ago, a new star appeared in the heavens, 
signaling a glorious birth, a new beginning, a radiant hope.
 No star ever shone so brightly.
 No birth ever changed the world so much.
 No simple gathering of parent and child was ever so glorious and so promising. 

5 comments:

Tricia said...

Christmas hugs to you and yours ; o ) The lights are beautiful, I know Kristen is looking down and smiling!

Rochelle said...

I too wish that wasn't part of your day. Thankful for your faith and for all the beautiful memories you have of your sweet Kristen.

Jana said...

I would rather not have to have that visit be a part of our celebrations but i am extremely grateful that we can have it be part of our Christmas. Love you!

Zoey's mom, Heather said...

Sending love to you, as always. Keeping Kristen close, always.

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Sending you love and hugs. Been thinking about you all this week.