I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. I've contemplated on many occasions rather I should quit this blog or not. Each time I am inspired that I should not. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever! This I know. Our family continues to live and to love and this is our story...

Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas through the years

I can hardly believe it's already Christmas.
It doesn't really feel like it. I'm not sure if it's the lack of snow
or exactly what, but things seem strange this year.
I have been really busy,  maybe that is part of it.
I finally watched It's a Wonderful Life. I was hoping that would put me in the
Christmas mood, but it didn't so much.
I started looking through Christmas photos and found several ones that are
so cute. As my children were growing up, I was always sure to get a picture
of them at Christmas. I am missing a few years, but I am hopeful I will find
the missing pictures soon.

This is from 1986, Kristen's first Christmas

1987

1988

1990

1995

1997

I find myself missing Kristen more than I could ever imagine.
She LOVED Christmas.
Everything reminds me of her.
I am so very thankful for the gift of Kristen.
I honestly feel that she is truly a blessing and one of the greatest
gifts our family ever received.
She gave us all so much.
Because of Kristen we know that true courage and strength exist.
that their is JOY in the smallest and most simple things.
Because of her, we all try harder to be better people.
She continues to be our star, our light in the darkness,
our shining example.

To my family and friends and to those strangers who continue
to pray and support us,

"We Wish you a Merry Christmas from Heaven and Earth."

6 comments:

Tricia said...

Thinking of you this Christmas- you are so right, she is a guiding star : o )

Karol said...

Wishing and missing right along with you. It hurts

Kristin said...

Merry Christmas :)

Amy L said...

Merry Christmas Polly! You are in my prayers everyday. And Kristen is in my thoughts everyday. She will be in my heart forever. Sending you all my love to you and your family always.....

Rochelle said...

Polly,
I woke up and prayed for you this morning. I can imagine that Christmas is so very hard without your sweet girl. I love all the pictures and hope you find the missing ones soon. Reminds me to take more pics of mine now!
Love you and pray that your family will be surrounding you and bring joy to your day.
Merry Christmas

Groves said...

Missing you, Kristen. Always missing you!! And your family missing you MORE!!!!!

Love,

Cathy in Missouri