I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. I've contemplated on many occasions rather I should quit this blog or not. Each time I am inspired that I should not. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever! This I know. Our family continues to live and to love and this is our story...

Saturday, November 19, 2011

some Kristen cuteness


Don't you just LOVE this picture.
I am always so excited when someone drops off a picture of Kristen,
especially when I don't remember seeing it before.
This is Kristen and her cousin Kylie. They were born 2 months apart.
This was taken in 2005 when they were both 19. 
I especially love her yellow crocs. 

A quick update on Maribel...

We were hoping to raise her adoption fund by $1000.00 before the end of the year.
I am so HAPPY to say that $950.00 has already been donated to her account.
This brings the total in her fund to $2253.50.
I'm hoping we can continue to see her fund grow.
Please continue to pray for Maribel. She needs a family NOW! 
Be sure to see all the Christmas angels here.

4 comments:

Amy L said...

I love that photo of Kristen too! What a sweetheart she is!

Simply, Sarah said...

Do you know which blog had a picture of Maribel on it, then announced a day or two later that her forever family found her?
I noticed how darling she is then, but when I looked at her RR page, it doesn't say a family has committed to her.
Do you know where that stands?

Kristen's mom said...

Hi Sarah, I checked with Reece's Rainbow and they indicated that there have been a couple of inquiries about Maribel but no commitments as of yet.
Hopefully that will come soon!

Rochelle said...

Love the pic of Kristen and her cousin. And I LOVE this new picture of Maribel. Oh how I want to see her on the MFFM page! We have seen her on RR too long! Thank you for helping raise money and awareness for her.