I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. I've contemplated on many occasions rather I should quit this blog or not. Each time I am inspired that I should not. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever! This I know. Our family continues to live and to love and this is our story...

Sunday, November 13, 2011

So much of loss is about change and transformation. Your loved one has transformed into a

new form, one that is unseen but still vibrant. And you too are transforming into a new you,

one breath at a time. Although you may feel stuck in your cocoon -- and time there is 

essential -- there will be a time when your wings will fly. ~Grieving Mothers


So glad to know that being stuck here in my cocoon is okay.



A quick peek at another tree we are decorating for another cancer warrior.
Her tree is called

"Message from Heaven"

I found this picture from Greg Olsen, it is called "Message from Heaven"


I thought it would be perfect to build a tree around. I think the the message
we are supposed to get from the picture is one of peace and joy. I believe if
our children could send us a message it would be one of peace of joy. First, that 
they are enjoying peace and joy and second, that they want us to also
have that same peace and joy they are enjoying. 



I still have a lot of work to do on this tree, but it's coming along.
The picture of the angel will be placed under the tree.

3 comments:

Groves said...

I agree with another comment a few posts down - your words are always filled with warmth, kindness, reaching out to others. Most of all, your love for Kristen shines through. I really enjoy reading what you say, even when I don't have a comment to make that seems worthy!

Still here,

Cathy in Missouri

Rochelle said...

Beautiful and inspiring as always!

stephanie said...

This line really is filled with hope...Your loved one has transformed into a new form, one that is unseen but still vibrant.

this just left me feeling good:)