I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. I've contemplated on many occasions rather I should quit this blog or not. Each time I am inspired that I should not. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever! This I know. Our family continues to live and to love and this is our story...

Thursday, November 3, 2011

The prayer of a child

Tonight I hung out with Jordan and Sara.
We went up to Kristen’s room to find a game.
They love to be in her room and to look at all her many things,
 especially her snow globes.
The kids always include Kristen in their prayers.
Usually Jordan says,
“Please let Kristen come back from heaven now.”
The other day his mom was rather surprised when Jordan said,
“Please let us all die soon so we can go to heaven to be with Kristen.”
Jordan’s mom secretly said a prayer of her own, “He didn’t really mean it.” 






Sara could not figure our why Kristen didn't take her watch with her to heaven.

Halloween was difficult this year. I really thought I was going to be alright,
then all of a sudden I pretty much lost it. I started crying and couldn't stop.
I turned off all the lights and went upstairs and sat in Kristen's room.
I think Rich must have noticed that I was having a hard time and he asked if I wanted to go
to the cemetery. Even though it was late, I said yes. Her pumpkin that I had dropped
off earlier was glowing. The night was still and quiet.
The dried leaves from a nearby tree had rested around her headstone.
I soon noticed that the windmill that was placed between her headstone and my fathers
started spinning. It started going faster and faster. I looked at Rich and asked him 
if the wind was blowing. We both looked around and neither of us thought it was.



3 comments:

Zoey's mom, Heather said...

The pumpkin glowing when you got there,just got me Polly.That brief sentence. The image of it. And what your heart much have felt in that moment,I could not imagine. That you have to go there and that you were sad and crying and that you grieve and miss your girl, all of it unfair.

And your grandchildren and what Jordan's mommy said, all of that interaction in Kristen's room ... more tears. More wishing it weren't so but so beyond happy that you are surrounded by all those amazing children, when you need it most.

Love you my friend. Sending out 6 bears next week. I will explain the story behind them later.

The VW's said...

What sweet grandchildren! May all of you be given peace, strength and happiness until you are reunited again one day! Love and Hugs!!!

Jana said...

oh, I love those two little grand-children of yours!!!