I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Thursday, November 10, 2011

November?

Thanksgiving is two weeks away. I was walking around my house and 
I couldn't find any hint that it was indeed November.
 Wait, I did find this...


...fabulous, isn't it?  All I could find are these tiny figures 
along with a few left over pumpkins  from Halloween.
I thought I must be an ungrateful soul. Where are all my Thanksgiving decorations? 

It's that time of  year when everyone is having their family pictures taken.
Here are 2 of my favorite families



This is a fun family picture from Katy's recent trip.
I hear she has her family picture scheduled in the near future.

What am I supposed to do about a family picture.
That is something I cannot do. I don't know if I will ever be able to do it.
When someone is missing, what do you do.

When you aren't in the mood for Thanksgiving I guess you move
right on to Christmas. I have this little corner in the family room,
actually it's Kristen's corner. For the moment it is surrounded not with turkeys
but with Christmas trees. The Festival of trees begins the week of November 28th.
Between Kamie and I, we are working on 5 trees. 
Just today, Kamie told me the name of the tree she is donating in memory of Kristen.
It is called 
"Missing our Angel"



It looks like it is going to be beautiful.

The tree I am doing for Kristen has changed and evolved many times.
I am currently waiting for a package to arrive from the Disney store containing some of these...





Kristen's tree will be called
"Christmas Magic"

I think it's going to be magical. I only wish she were here to enjoy it.
If you happen to live here in the valley, there are still many hosting shifts available
at the Festival of Trees. Go here to sign up.
It's a great opportunity and it is tons of fun.

I was looking through Thanksgiving pictures and I found this one from 2007.
This was several months before Kristen was diagnosed with leukemia.
She looks healthy and happy.
Check out her jewelry. She loved to wear bracelets and rings.


5 comments:

Leah S. said...

I can't wait to see the tree with the princesses on it! Kristen would love it! The Missing our Angel tree is gorgeous. You are all so incredibly creative.

Rochelle said...

The trees are going to be beautiful. I wish Kristen were here to enjoy them too. Hugs my friend I know the holidays are especially hard.

Kristin said...

We were just talking about the festival of trees today. Can't wait to see yours.

Meriah said...

I read your side bar and am crying. That is my greatest fear; that Moxie will get leukemia... big hug. I am so very sorry for your loss of your beautiful child.

Suzie said...

Thank you for continuing to post beautiful, positive, informative, uplifting messages. You are an inspiration to so many. I don't comment nearly enough but I always read. Your words help me to be grateful.