I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. I've contemplated on many occasions rather I should quit this blog or not. Each time I am inspired that I should not. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever! This I know. Our family continues to live and to love and this is our story...

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Christmas Warrior

This is Maribel



She is waiting for a family.
Maribel was born  in August 2007
She has brown eyes, brown hair and she is a calm little girl.
She has mild heart disease which does not require an operation.
Maribel is reasonably active and she  loves to play with other children.
She is a big help for her caretakers.
She watches animated cartoons with great and concentrated interest.
 She is in the group with regular children.
She is very nice and has beautiful eyes!
  She is facing the institution very soon!
   She is described as a kind girl, affectionate with others. 
She knows her name and is able to distinguish between others. 
She loves to play with toys. 
She eats and sleeps well.
MORE PHOTOS AVAILABLE, SINGLE MOMS WELCOME!

Maribel is being featured on Reece's Rainbow on their Angel Tree
                    I am so excited to be her Christmas Warrior!

  • The goal of the Angel Tree is to raise $1000 or more as an adoption grant for each waiting child with  Down syndrome featured on the angel tree.  

  • There is no shortage of families wishing to adopt these children, only a shortage of funds to do so.  The more you are able to raise or give, the better that child's chances are of finding a forever family.   They are truly living on borrowed time. 

  • With each  $35.00 donation you will receive a Christmas ornament  with a picture of the child you donated to.

  • In my side bar you will see a donation box, Currently Maribel has $1303.50 in her account. My goal is to raise that number by at least $1000.00 by Christmas. I NEED your help! Donations are tax deductible.

  • I also ask that you pray for Maribel. She needs a family SOON, as she does not have much longer until she is sent to an institution.

  • More to come!
  • 4 comments:

    Karol said...

    I LOVE Maribel. I've been watching her with broken heart for a very long time. I want so badly to get on a plane and go get her. I would give every earthly possession that I own to be her mommy.

    Karol said...

    I LOVE Maribel. I've been watching her with broken heart for a very long time. I want so badly to get on a plane and go get her. I would give every earthly possession that I own to be her mommy.

    The VW's said...

    I love her too! I was just talking about her with my husband tonight! I'm so happy she has you in her corner helping to get her home to a family! I'll be praying.....and will be hoping that we are her family! I wish I could go get her right now!

    Thanks for looking out for this sweet girl! Hugs!

    Rochelle said...

    I love her too she was one I was praying over before God led us to Dariya. Oh thank you for being her warrior. I was thrilled when I saw your web address as her warrior a week or so ago! YAY!