I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

last weeks projects

50 angels complete!
(all except for filling them with candy)
These are sold at the Festival of Trees during the first week in December.
Thousands of these in many different patterns are made and sold.
All the money raised will go to the children's hospital that cared for Kristen.
I also have to register my trees by October 1st.
This year I will be decorating 2 trees,
one for Kristen and one for a fellow angel named Jessenia.
Hopefully in a few days I can give you a sneak peek at the trees.



Isabel has been waiting a long time for her Barney pillowcase.
I searched and searched for the fabric. I finally found the fabric on eBay.
I had enough to also make an activity bag.



This Cinderella blanket is on it's way to Gabby.
She is 6 years old and was recently diagnosed with leukemia.
She also has Down syndrome.
I think she will love it.
Ryan made this blanket, I know, he's awesome.


I  found something for Kristen.
I guess it's really for me.
 I know Kristen would have LOVED it. 
She loved snow globes.
When I saw this one, I knew I had to have it.
It fits perfectly on her table.



This is where my day starts and ends.
It doesn't matter what I do, or how busy I become,
there is always a loneliness, a sadness, an emptiness 
that is always present.
This is where I come to feel peace.
It's hard to explain.
Her things are all here, her drawers are filled with perfectly folded clothing,
her robe, her coat and her dresses hang in the closet.
I LOVE her room.
I guess it all has to do with missing her so much.
I often think of how cancer brought an end to Kristen's life,
But I am reminded that Kristen brought completion to her own life.
She lived her life to the fullest. She did what she was sent here to do.
She left many gifts that will endure forever.
Her light continues to shine and she will NEVER be forgotten.


One of her favorite characters speaks volumes.

3 comments:

Jeana said...

Polly, you just amaze me as you continue to do so much to lift others and honor Kristin's precious life. I love the globe and her table, it is just perfect. Every time I read your blog I am reminded to hold Kaelyn just a little longer and love and appreciate every moment we have together. Thank you for that, I don't want to waste or take for granted a single minute I get to have with her and Bryn. Life is so precious and fragile, I don't ever want to forget that, thank you for reminding me.

Cindy said...

Those angels are beautiful. You did a great job!

I've always loved Kristen's room as well. I don't know how to decorate (Beth's room looks NOTHING like Kristens) and Kristen's room inspires me.

Tricia said...

I love this. The Pooh quote is perfect ; o )