I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. I've contemplated on many occasions rather I should quit this blog or not. Each time I am inspired that I should not. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever! This I know. Our family continues to live and to love and this is our story...

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Kali's blessing day

Today was Kali's blessing day.
I'll have to admit that it was difficult to sit in church surrounded
by my children, my grandchildren, my mom and other family
members and know that someone was missing. It was all I could do to
not weep openly. I have learned over the past many months that joy
 and sadness can exist at the same time. It was a joyful day to
celebrate the birth of a new grand daughter.
Kali was given the same middle name as Kristen.
I can hardly wait to share Kristen's life with Kali.
I know Kali will be so proud to share Kristen's name.






It took all day and into the night
but I finally got a picture of Kali 
and she is even smiling.


2 comments:

Rochelle said...

Sweet little girl. I am sure these family moments make not having Kristen here so much harder. Love and hugs friend.
Love the smiling face!

Swilor Family said...

How cute! She looks just like Lisa in that smiling picture.