I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Sweet Lois


Sweet Lois passed away today. She too, fought leukemia with grace and dignity.
She has left her heart prints on many.
She has made the world a brighter place.
We will all miss her vibrant glowing smile.

Because of Lois, many, including myself, have joined the national bone marrow registry
in hopes of helping other leukemia patients.
I am not sure why leukemia, especially AML,
is ganging up on our little sweeties, but it is.
The madness needs to stop.

3 comments:

stefanie said...

such a sweetie!!!! so sorry!

Zoey's mom said...

I said the same thing Polly.Different words but the same overpowering desire to do something,when,in many moments,I feel so helpless over this disease and am left feeling so angry about the broken hearts it is leaving in it's wake.

Thinking of you today Polly,and sending you love,as the passing of Lois,stirs up the very raw emotions of missing your sweet Kristen.

Karol said...

Thinking of you today, Polly. I know that news like this brings back so many memories and makes our own pain feel so fresh.
Another angel baby to dance with our girls. In my mind I can picture Laynee, Lois, Carly and Kristin dancing around all of us here.