I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Monday, February 28, 2011

some sad and a little glad

I knew when I asked for names of someone who might benefit from a gift from
“Kristen’s Light,” that I would be introduced to some sad stories. I was right.
I have received a couple more requests and with those request comes
heavy and sad hearts.

I was so sad to hear that Nikita’s waiting family heard only a few weeks ago
 that the little boy they were so anxious to bring home from an orphanage 
 had been diagnosed with leukemia.
Then this past Friday, they heard that he had passed away.
They are heartbroken.
They have a picture of him wearing pajamas with a blue elephant on the front.
They have asked if could possibly make a pillowcase with an elephant.
I hope to find the perfect fabric.

Another waiting family who were planning on bringing 2 children home
from an orphanage has just learned that the sweet little girl they
were bringing home has passed away.
She died last week as she underwent surgery to repair her heart.
They were also planning to bring home a little boy and have just found out
 that he is no longer available. I am not sure what I am going to do for this family
 but I am sure I can come up with something.
 Please pray for both of these families.

and now for the glad...



My doorbell rang yesterday afternoon and I found my cute little niece
standing there with 2 boxes from Build-a-Bear.
She excitedly exclaimed that she had made these bears and wanted me
to include them with the bears that we will be delivering to
the hospital on Kristen’s birthday.
How sweet is that.

There is so much sadness in the world.
So many sick children and many more children living out their lives
in an orphanage, never knowing the love of a family.
So what do we do?
Retreat and isolate ourselves so we don't have to hear about these children?
No.
We seek out people and resources who will listen.
We search for meaningful things that give purpose to life.
We stand together and lift each other in
prayer
hope
and love.


3 comments:

Denise said...

Polly....do you still need more bears to take on Kristen's birthday? What day do you want them by. I missed out on sending you one when you did the delivery on Christmas as we were in the hospital being the recipients of some but I REALLY want to send one this time. Please email me at adjvollmer@aol.com

Zoey's mom said...

Prayer,hope and love.It's all we have sometimes,isn't it?Heartbreaking.Both of these stories.Absolutely heartbreaking.

I'd like to send bears again too.Will you please let me know when you need them by too.you can post it on FB or email me.

Love to you my friend.

Cindy said...

You inspire me.