I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Friday, February 25, 2011

my first request

I received my first e-mail requesting a gift for a sick little boy.
He is a 4th grader named Mason.
Mason was diagnosed with a brain tumor in April of last year.
Mason loves
the color green, Star Wars,
bakugan, bionicles, collecting rocks, key chains and tigers, and
saving animals from animal shelters.
I couldn't find fabric with star wars or bionicles, however, I did find this cute robot
print and of course bright green for the back.
I also made pillowcases for Mason and his brother as well
as a cupcake one for his little sister.




This is the note that will be included with the gifts...



Kristen’s Light

Kristen was a shining star in the lives of many.
She taught us how to live, love and laugh.
Kristen reminded us of what was meaningful
and worthwhile in life.
Because of her the sun shines brighter,
the flowers are more beautiful and
the songs of the birds are heard more often.
Kristen fought leukemia with grace and dignity.
As we now know,
she was fighting a battle she could not win.

It is our desire to keep
Kristen’s light burning brightly.
Please accept this small gift as it was made with love and care
In memory of
“Our Angel”

Love,
The Family of Kristen Kirton
http://www.sheisourangel.blogspot.com


10 comments:

Rochelle said...

Awesome Polly!

To Love Endlessly said...

very awesome! I love the note you'll be including and I just simply love what you're doing for your angel.

Junior said...

beautiful, such a wonderful thing to do in memory of your angel.

Cammie Heflin said...

Those are wonderful!

Zoey's mom said...

Wonderful.All of it.Much like you my friend.

I love the robot pattern.Believe it or not,after 7 deliveries... we have never used this one or even seen it.Might have to look for it next time.April is coming upon us fast!Aren't the edges easier to do this way,rather than the tie?I think so.

Sending you love and prayers,as always.

Kiley said...

That is beautiful!!

grammygwen said...

I love them and the note. I make baby and toddler quilts in memory of my sweet granddaughter Chloe. I especially like the cupcake material.
God Bless, Gwen Robertson

Cindy said...

Those pillowcases are beautiful. The note is too. What a blessing Kristen has been to so many. Your family continues to be in our prayers. God bless you as you shine the light.

Pallavi said...

Those are beautiful.

Catherine picture(on sidebar) has such striking similarities with Kristen's pic on sidebar(where she is cycling)

Brandie said...

I am a friend of Andria's (Mason's mom) and my daughter is an old friend of Mason. I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for what you made Mason and said to Andria. I am truly amazed at all the kind folks who have shared their hearts and souls in support of our dear friends. I read your story about your daughter, and I am so sorry for your loss. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you for sharing your story and your heart with others. When I wear my gold childhood cancer awareness shirt, I will not only wear it for Mason, but for your sweet angel too.

Brandie