I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Saturday, February 12, 2011

her tree



 Just over a year ago, a local school, JRC, donated a tree to the
Festival of Trees in Kristen's honor.
The boys in the welding class made the tree and another
class was in charge of decorations.
We were so excited as we were able to purchase the tree.
The above picture is the tree after it was delivered to our home.
Kristen LOVED it. She stood next to it on many occasions and admired it.
The name of the tree was "All that Glitters."
A name fitting for Kristen as she was definitely the glittering girl.
After Christmas we stored it in the basement. Then this past summer
we had the horrible flood and the tree was covered in mud.
 I sprayed it down and it looked pretty good.
This past Christmas I decided to re-decorate it and move it up to Kristen's room.
I decorated it with shiny glass pooh bear ornaments, beads, butterflies and birds.
darn...I can't find the picutes I took at Christmas time.
I loved the tree so much in her room that I decided to leave it there.
Every night I sit in her room and read. It is very peaceful.
The other night I decided I would take off the Christmas ornaments
and replace them with hearts.
It is really much cuter than the picture.
In a few weeks I will probably turn it into a shamrock tree.



6 comments:

Amy L said...

It's beautiful just like Kristen.....:)

Groves said...

Beautiful! And this is the best idea - a tree that can easily be used for any celebration. I love it!

I love the thought of you reading quietly in Kristen's room. I just wish she were right there with you...and how much more you wish that.

Love,

Cathy in Missouri

Janalyn said...

i love that tree!

Brighton said...

Beautiful tree : o )

Nicki Swilor said...

I love that idea! It's so pretty!

Cindy said...

That welding class did an awesome job! It's just beautiful.