I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Monday, February 14, 2011

for the love

One of the many things Kristen taught me was to always remember what matters most.
She loved life. She loved her family.
Something I have learned since she passed away is that when you love someone,
you shouldn’t assume they know it. You should always let them know you love them.

William Shakespeare said it right,
“They do not love, that do not show their love.”

Starting today, if you love someone, don’t assume they know
 show them
tell them.

2010
A visit to the clinic just a few days before Valentine's Day

2010
Kristen and her brother Ricky
filling out paperwork for her upcoming bone marrow transplant.


Valentine's Day 2010
A visit from our blog friend Lily and her mom

2010 Valentine's night
surrounded by her many gifts

Today as I sit here and miss my girl on one of her favorite holidays,
I am thankful that she knew
that her family loved her,
And her family knew that she loved them.
We also know that the love continues for both her and for us.

3 comments:

Amy L said...

That bottom picture of Kristen is just darling!
Love and hugs from Amy and boys:)

Zoey's mom said...

Boy did she know that you all loved her.No words were ever needed for any of you.We sure all see it in pictures and hear it in your words.



Zoey just had her IEP .... they put her at a cognitive age that I won't even dignify with a response to but ... what I will say is that many times a day,she puts her little hand out,signs "I love you" in her own way,unprompted and that,that is all I need to know.

Sending you love tonight Polly.

Joyce said...

We love you Polly and your beautiful family.