I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

2 announcements

Nope...I'm not pregnant.

But Lisa is...

Lisa is married to my oldest son, Rick.
They already have 1 boy and 1 girl and now we are adding another

GIRL!

The girls in my family are definitely winning.
This will make 5 granddaughters and 2 grandsons.
Since I have 4 girls and 2 boys
I think it's fair to say that the girls are kicking the boys.
Go Girls!
This baby girl will make her appearance close to the
1 year anniversary of Kristen's passing.
 This will bring some excitement to July and
something to look forward to.

The next announcement...

This is my daughter, Kim and her husband Dave,
on their wedding day this past July.


Before they even have a chance to celebrate their one year anniversary,
Dave will be well on his way to Iraq.
He is being deployed June 1st, At this point it looks like
it will probably be for 12 months.
Dave is excited as he has been training for almost 4 years.
Kim is excited for him, but at the same time a little nervous,
ok, a lot nervous.
Kim will graduate with her Associates in Science at the end
of April and has already applied to a few colleges
closer to my home, which means she will be moving back home
while Dave is gone. I'm excited about that.

Something I have had to learn to live with the past almost 7 months
is the fact that life does go on.
Life continues and is constantly changing.
As I continue to weather the storm that has nearly engulfed me,
one thing I am certain of is that the sun will shine again.
How grateful I am for my family who continues to surround me
and bring me joy.
On many days I feel lost.
I can't really find my place just yet.
Don't know if I ever will.
One thing I continue to do every single day is to
get myself out of bed and look for the good that
surrounds me. Look for the light, the light that continues
to shine from my sweet little angel.
Just think, she is probably already orientating this new little
grandchild of ours about our family.
Hopefully she is telling her all the good things.


4 comments:

Janalyn said...

as sad as I am that Dave has to go to Iraq I'm excited to have Kimmie home!! I miss her too much....so if you get sick of her while she's at your house, send her to mine!!!

Angi said...

You are a very special person Polly and I just want you to know that I think of Kristen often and it brings a smile to my face.

Zoey's mom said...

One of the many posts that I attempted to write over the last few weeks,started with this quote:

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on." - Robert Frost

And it does.And for you I am sure there is beauty in that as well as a measure of sadness.

New life.So excited for you all and I just know Auntie Kristen is preparing her/him well.

Sending prayers of peace as deployment lingers on the horizon and thanking.Dave and Kim for that sacrifice they make on our behalf.

Sending love as always Polly.

Rochelle said...

Congrats on the new girl soon to be added to your family. What a blessing! Will be praying for Dave's protection as he serves our country.