I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Friday, October 8, 2010

I think it's day 8

I decided if I were to keep with the challenge and blog every day for the month of
October some days would have to be short but sweet cause this is
Kristen's blog and she was both of those.
short and sweet.

Tomorrow is the "Light The Night Walk" It is a fundraising event put on by the
Leukemia and Lymphoma Society to pay tribute and bring hope to people battling cancer.
Thousands of participants raise funds for vital,
 lifesaving research and patient services and,
on these special nights, they carry illuminated balloons.
Last year I participated. I was thrilled as I carried a red balloon.
Red balloon means SURVIVOR.
White balloon means "IN MEMORY OF"
Yeah not so sure I can do this, carry a white balloon.
We will just have to see what tomorrow brings.

This past week Ryan has been participating in a baseball tournament. I have enjoyed going to his games because he is awesome.  Yes that is him and yes he is pitching.
Go Ryan!


I even brought my own cheering squad to the last game.
This is before I took them to the snack shack...


And after...


I saw this sign the other day. I thought it was rather appropriate for my life at the moment.


4 comments:

Rochelle said...

Good luck at the walk, you do whatever is right for you.

That cheering section is awesome and so is that sign!

ABandCsMom said...

Good luck with the walk. I'm sure tears will flow, but as I've learned, the tears are all a part of the grieving and mourning process and we must shed those tears. They also release a chemical that is actually good for us. None the less..tears are tears and it is hard. Best of luck!

LOVE that sign! Oh my gosh is that ever fitting.

Groves said...

I don't know whether your readers around the world feel like friends, but what a treat to be one of yours.

You have a one-of-a-kind way of letting us in when you write. I will never look at red - or white - balloons the same way again.

Love that sweet girl, love the pictures with her sisters. The grand kids & their mama are darling, too.

Even on the worst days, I look forward to reading your blog and find encouragement there.

With love,

Cathy in Missouri

Denise said...

I LOVE that sign and what it says!!!! Oh, how we all miss Kristen!!!