I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Extreme Makeover

I think we all just got a little help with Down syndrome awareness month. I just finished watching Extreme Makeover and I spent the last 15 minutes crying my eyes out. If you missed it, it would be well worth your time to figure out a way to watch it. I loved it. The children in the Lutz family were so deserving of their new home. I laughed several times as they reminded me so much of Kristen. She loved musical instruments, microphones and beads. This home would definitely be Kristen's dream home.
Thanks to Extreme Makeover for making my night.
I'm sure thousands were touched.

5 comments:

Joyce said...

I was watching too Polly. What a great episode. I sure hope they have many years of enjoyment in their new rooms, each one down so cleverly with their own interests and desires.

So happy you were able to watch and laugh along with good memories of your precious Kristen.

The VW's said...

I watched it.....I loved it.....and I was so touched as well! Hugs!!!

heather said...

Just finished watching it. What an amazing family. I loved the great room and own private entrances into their rooms. A great idea to help them have their own independence. Loved it!

Rochelle said...

We missed it as we were putting the kids to bed but, heard about it. Yeah for Extreme Makeover choosing this great family, ds awareness for sure.

Kristi said...

I missed it but i'm going to look up this family right now!! L)
Kristi