I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Monday, October 4, 2010

day 4

I once read that if you find a bird with a broken wing you should place the bird in a covered box with air holes punched in the top. You should keep it in a warm quiet place. Offer food or water to the bird, but avoid lifting the lid to check on the condition of the bird. The less it sees, the less stress it will feel and the better the chance for recovery will be.

Broken Wings
That's what this feels like.
I still know how to fly but I just can't.
Some days I wonder if I will ever fly again.
And other days it feels so close I can almost feel the wind.
And there are days that I'm perfectly content to sit under the tree and watch others fly.
As for today, In my box I will stay.

Saturday I did make it to the kiddies soccer games.
 I think they could teach me a thing or two about flying...








And then there is this little bird...


We all know she can fly! 
She is probably soaring to her highest heights
and what a bird's eye view
she must have. 

4 comments:

Amy L said...

And I'm positive she is the most beautiful bird in the sky! Praying for you Polly....
sending love to you,
Amy

Cindy said...

My heart skipped when I read your post. Broken Wings is the name of my book (still unpublished.)

You remain in our thoughts and prayers.

To Love Endlessly said...

you're always in our prayers Polly. and it's okay to want to stay in your little box some days. You need to give your wings time to heal.

Just Another Teenage Girl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.