I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Wednesday, September 8, 2010


Two years ago today at 5pm we heard the words "Acute Myeloid Leukemia."
She was the light in the darkness then
 and today she still shines and warms our hearts.
Walk in her room,
look at her things,
touch her beads,
hug her pillow,
 and ring her bell.
 Tears will come,
but underneath the tears the love and memories are there too
and you can't help but smile and feel so very blessed for having this
sweet girl in your life.
But oh how we miss our angel girl.

7 comments:

Groves said...

There is a purity of heart and love that shines out of Kristen's eyes - even when she is suffering. I have noticed it from the very first time I ever found your blog.

Others have said similar things - but I think she gets these qualities from her mother. Your love for her shines, too, even though you are suffering.

It is so hard to understand why such heavy burdens are placed on people, and I do wonder why Kristen's had to be what they were. I wish she could have been as pain-free in life as she is in death.

And meanwhile, *you* are left in pain. I am so sorry.

Something I repeatedly notice - from the bags you are preparing for the kids in the hospital, to comments and encouraging words you are leaving on the blogs of others - you keep on reaching out, even in your own heartache.

You are a genuine example of bringing beauty out of ashes. I know that it does not make things easier at your house. I wish it could.

When that flood came, I felt mad. I felt like of all the places in the world that didn't need - or deserve! - a flood, your house was number one.

I'm so thankful to know your daughter through you. You both make a difference in my life. Now, if only your angel girl was home again, in your arms.

With love,

Cathy in Missouri

Kristi said...

Polly,
I know you are hurting and I'm glad your posting. I feel so blessed to share Kristen with you and your wonderful family. Thank you for still sharing her with us. She is a blessing to us all!
Kristi

JennyH said...

She is such a beautiful angel. You were an awesome mom to her. I wish she was here with you right now. She is missed by many. I miss hearing about her.

Karol said...

With the exception of the first line, I could have written this post myself.

Zoey's mom said...

As we are coming upon our 2nd anniversary as well,I am not taken back to our moment but to yours.The meeting via internet,of another warrior girl,who led us by her courageous example.

Sending you love Polly as you are missing your angel girl.


*Did you get my message about the sewing machine?

Amy L said...

Polly, I think about Kristen everyday and how she touched my life. I share your blog with Jimmy and he prays for you and Kristen with me. Thank you for continuing to share your memories of Kristen.
Sending love,
Amy and boys

Monica said...

Beautifully written! You have a beautiful heart Polly. Kristen was your blessing...and you hers.