I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Friday, September 17, 2010

Kristen and her BFF

I am excited to share this place with Kristen's best friend. After Kristen passed away I asked Audrey if she would like to share a few thoughts about Kristen. She was honored. 

Written by Audrey...

I have the most amazing title in the entire world. My precious cousin Kristen claimed me as her Best Friend, my name is Audrey or as she would say “Audgie.” I'm forever honored by my title. I can still hear her sweet voice and the way she spoke to me, our many conversations
I hold tight in my heart.
I can still hear and see the way she laughed with all of her being.
My soul lights up while reminiscing upon her "full of life sense of humor"
and her hilarious tactics of teasing, I fortunately witnessed a lot of it throughout our times shared together.
I spent a large amount of my childhood with the Kirton Family and all I remember was that it was always a blast, there was never a dull moment, and it never got old. Me and Kristen and her sisters Kamie and Kim shared a type of sisterhood together that was always full of adventure, excitement and laughter. I often referred to Pollyanna as my 2nd Mom,
and truly what a wonderful Mother Pollyanna is.
I was given the honor to speak at Kristen's grave sight,
I shared a message of the depth of Love and Respect I hold for Kristen's Spirit. As I dwell in the beautiful thoughts of Kristen I write with all conviction and say to all of existence that because of Kristen’s pure and perfect presence in my life I have been Gracefully Blessed! I am so Grateful, and I have gained so much confidence and inspiration from her love and from her enthusiasm toward me. I was also asked to announce Kristen's Balloon Release Ceremony at her grave sight. I hung on to her favorite color,
the color that doesn’t mean yellow to me,
it means Kristen. Everyone held a pink or a yellow balloon in their hands as I counted down 5, 4, 3, 2, 1....we all let go in her honor, sending our individual messages to her. As I watched all of her balloons flutter up into the endless blue sky, magic took place in my heart. Her balloons immediately started taking on different shapes and forms like Kristen was sending back messages to us all or she was just flying in and out out of her flock of favorite colors just having fun! I believe that she was doing both, that's what I would do if I just got my wings back. I kept an eye on my yellow balloon I released to her and for a few minutes mine became separated from the rest, she held it still for me because of the unique and remarkable friendship we've always shared. It was an astonishing moment for me, I felt her so near and her and I raced back to All the memories I have stored in my heart of my angelic cousin Kristen. She continues to Shine as my Divine Star Girl and I still feel her showering me and all the world with her extreme goodness.
I've always admired her spirit, fully in this human phase yet fully present and aware with all that is holy and divine.
She is an example of purity, she is and has always been my equal and my friend, my Best Friend.
And she lives on, and I will forever celebrate her beautiful life.
I’m grateful with all my heart that her wings brushed up beside me.





Kristen and Audrey shared a special friendship. Every time Audrey would come over she would first run and find Kristen. I would soon hear screaming and
 laughing followed by dancing. 
Whenever Kristen and I were at the store she would always buy something for Audrey.  
Thank you Audrey for sharing your thoughts but most of all thank you for
sharing your heart with Kristen. She truly loves you.
Audrey loves to paint and is becoming an awesome artist. She has designed a rock for Kristen. She calls it
"Kristen's Rock"

11 comments:

Rochelle said...

Truly beautiful, I pray that my Alayna has a best friend that loves her this dearly.

Amy L said...

Audrey,
Thank you for sharing with us your love for Kristen. The beautiful pictures of you both and your loving words, show what a special bond the two of you have. I love seeing the smiles on Kristen's face in these pictures.
Sending love to all of you,
Amy and sons

Cindy said...

A beautiful post. Thank you for sharing Kristen with us.

The Lehnick Family said...

Such a beautifully written post...what a special bond...Your family is amazing....I would of LOVED to of met Kristen...what a strong impact she had on so many and still does...thank you for sharing this...

Jeana said...

I loved this, what a treasure. Can't wait to see the "Audreys" in Kaelyns life.

The VW's said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! Love, Hugs and Prayers!!

Angi said...

Beautiful.

Monica said...

WOW! That was an amazing and beautiful tribute to Kristen. I feel like I have known her forever. Thank you for sharing Audrey!

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

What a beautiful tribute! Been thinking of you all!

Kellan's momma said...

I love the rock, and how Audrey and Kristen loved each other!!

Kristi said...

Thank you for sharing Audrey! You moved me to tears on this beautiful friendship built on love! Your rock is absolutely beautiful and I can see how talented you are. May God bless you!
Kristi