I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Happy Birthday Cody

My oldest grandchild turned 7 today, without mentioning any names, someone here is getting old. It was a fun filled day with miniature golf, pizza and even a Mario cake. Cody asked if I could put Mario on a big chocolate cake. I tried it wasn't great but to a 7 year old it was awesome and I guess that is what's important. I'll make it quick and just leave with some pictures...






I couldn't do it. I couldn't finish up without saying just a little about Kristen.
Last year on Cody's birthday she had an appointment at the clinic. Her blood counts looked great, she hadn't had chemo for 5 months, her hair was coming back and she was feeling pretty good. I love the last picture of her and Cody. You might recognize it as the picture I use all the time. Although I love the picture with both her and Cody, I cropped him out and used the picture for her obituary.
She just looks so very sweet.


7 comments:

stephanie said...

What a handsome young man. my little guy is turning seven in Nov.

and that baby!!!!! what a beauty!

The pics of Kristen are lovely. Happy times need to remain happy. Good memories are meant to be looked back on with a smile.
I'm glad you posted them, Kristen always makes me smile.

BTW, the cake is AWESOME!!!!!

Lacey said...

That cake is so cool! I love that smile Kristen has in that last picture, its so great!

Cindy said...

Good job on the cake! Looks good!

Love the pictures, that baby! And Kristen. I'll never tire of seeing pictures of her.

Although I could have done without the spider picture. My heart jumped and I got the eeby jeebies. :) Is that thing really remote control?!?

Amy L said...

You have such a beautiful family Polly! I think the cake looks awesome, my boys would love it.:)
Of course, I love the pictures of Kristen and Cody, and Kristen and Kamie. Just beautiful!
I hope you have a good week,
you are in our prayers,
Amy

Groves said...

I hope you will never, ever feel like you have to write a post without mentioning Kristen. We are not tired of hearing about her, and we never will be. Every time you write, you share more of her, and we love knowing her.

What a beautiful family you have - these were great pictures.

Also, you must have a lower opinion of your cakes than I do, because I always think, "I could never make one like that!" They look perfect. The wedding cakes did, too!

Thanks for sharing your girl. She is truly a heart-warming gift to all who know her. I miss her with you.

Love,

Cathy in Missouri

Kristi said...

I thought for sure I posted on this post! That cake is AWESOME!! you did great! And I always love seeing Kristen. She certainly is an angel! :)
Kristi

JennyH said...

My kids would love you forever if you made them a Mario cake! You did a good job on that.

Great pictures. Hope he had a great birthday.