I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

"Braver than you Believe"

“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
but the most important thing is, even if we're apart..
 I'll always be with you.”
-Winnie the Pooh


I have been trying to think of a name for Kristen's Christmas tree that we are decorating and donating to the Festival of Trees. I had decided months ago that we would donate a tree. I was hoping it would be in "honor of her" but now it has turned into "remembrance of her." Since Kristen loved Pooh Bear I had decided to decorate it with a Pooh Bear theme. I came across this quote from Pooh and knew immediately this was just what I was looking for. It's rather appropriate and a message I needed to hear this morning. My heart seems  heavy. The emptiness seems to be growing. I am amazed at the amount of sorrow that can be borne while walking on two feet.  I will ALWAYS be a grieving mother. I will in time learn to live with it. My hope lies in the fact that Kristen's light is burning strong and even brighter than before as it slowly
dispels the darkness of this long night of mourning.
Sorry for my rambling...back to the tree.
Our cute friend Amy and her boys sent Kristen a gift card to the Disney Store. A couple weeks ago I was looking in her purse and found the gift card. After a shedding a few tears my first thought was to send it back to Amy. I then went online and started looking and found the most adorable Lenox Pooh  Bear. It would be perfect under Kristen's tree. I ordered it and it arrived in a few short days. It's perfect.
Thank you Amy.
(I hope you are ok with that)
I also learned that a group of girls from our church are also decorating and donating a tree in remembrance of Kristen. I am so touched by their willingness to give of themselves. Kamie and her husband are also doing a tree. All of the money raised is donated to the hospital where Kristen spent so much time. I have already signed up to volunteer at the Festival. I also joined a committee for next years Festival. I am so excited to give back to the hospital that so tenderly took care of Kristen and gave us more time with our sweet angel.

"Braver than you Believe"
will be the name on Kristen's tree, after all, she is the most brave person I know.

Amy, what do you think... Isn't he the cutest


Disneyland 2005

15 comments:

heather said...

Wow! My friend just did a blog post about the Pooh Bear quote yesterday and now to see it on your blog. Love it! I can't wait to see all of her trees at the festival this year. It's such a great way to give back!

stephanie said...

Polly it's perfect and Kristen is going to love it!
Yes, you know she will be right beside you loving that beautiful tree!

Rochelle said...

WOW who knew winnie the pooh would have such a perfect quote for Kristen's tree. It will be wonderful.
Polly you continue to amaze me, you are such a light to the world, a sweet spirit of giving even when your own heart is heavy.
I am so thankful to "met" you both via your blog.

Amy L said...

Thank you Polly! I love Winnie the Pooh too, in fact most of the ornaments on our Christmas tree are Pooh ornaments. I am so happy that you used the card and bought the ornament for Kristen's tree:) Polly, you have such a beautiful heart and even though it is broken, you are always thinking of ways to give back. I love Kristen and even though we never met face to face, I think of her everyday. May God hold and comfort you in His arms, until you are reunited with Kristen one day. Sending my love and prayers always to you,
Amy

Angi said...

YOU are so strong, this is wonderful for you to do! And though I never met Kristen I am quite certain that she is happy seeing all the wonderful things you are doing in her name...and probably the simple fact that you continue to get up out of bed every morning:-) Love to you!

Joyce said...

Oh Polly, You are such a shining light. Each post you write I feel such warmth and tenderness, yet I know your heart is so broken and lonely right now. I think Kristen is dipping into a big ole pot of honey right now she is so proud of you.

Jeana said...

What a perfect theme, and I love that quote.

Zoey's mom said...

Cannot wait to see the tree and the theme,it made me cry.she was indeed the bravest and her light continues to shine and give us all strength through your words.

Love to you Polly and I couldn't agree more ... this has to end.It just has to.

Brighton said...

That is just perfect! You are also braver than you believe ; )

Marcie said...

wow, this is so perfect. How wonderful.

I am going to try and get to Utah during the FOT this year so that I can see it.

You're in my prayers.

Monica said...

Absolutely the perfect name! My thoughts and prayers are with you Polly. No parent should endure the loss of a precious child. All the things you have planned to honor her is amazing. I know your heart is broken...but your strength is shining through.

Tina said...

The name is perfect. I am sure kristin will love it. I look forward to seeing the beautiful tress all in honor of beautiful Kristin. She is always by your side never feel alone.

Karol said...

Polly,
I have chosen to pass the Lovely Blog Award on to you. I thank you for your inspiration.

Suzie and Lily said...

What a wonderful theme! I love it and look forward to going to the festival and seeing it.

ParkerMama said...

I can't tell you how often I think of you each day. Your faith is contagious. Thank you for that.

I'm on the look out for the spinning lights. I'll let you know when I get my hands on some.

Tammy and Parker
www.prayingforparker.com