I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Prayers for our girl


Kristen was admitted to the PICU this afternoon. She has pneumonia. We were hoping to go to the floor instead of PICU, but her blood pressure is quite low so I guess she is here until that can be stabilized. Kristen is one mad little muffin. She just wants to go home.  We are thinking about bringing her home on oxygen and IV antibiotics in the next day or so. I know she would be more comfortable at home.
Thank you for all your prayers and support.

15 comments:

To Love Endlessly said...

We're a praying! She sure doesn't look thrilled w/ the arrangements. :-)

Amy L said...

Of course I will be praying. God Bless her, I don't blame her for wanting to go home. Praying that Kristen will feel better and be on her way home with you very soon.
Sending our love for all of you,
Amy
and sons

Swilor Family said...

God bless your little angel. We'll be saying lots of prayers for her. Love you all!

Kimberly said...

Sending our prayers!!!I also don't blame her for wanting to be at home. She is looking a little grumpy to say the least ;) Hugs and Loves

Kim and Miss T

stephanie said...

Oh,She does look like a mad muffin! Get her the heck outta there as soon as you can! with all of us praying that should be soon!!

Love you Kristen!! Tell her we all love her in RI, Polly!!!

My name is Sarah said...

Oh Kristen, I would be madder than a muffin. Are they giving you light therapy? You are all in our prayers. Keep on fighting friend.

Anne and Whitney: Up, Down and All Around said...

so sorry to hear that kristen has pneumonia - i hope she can go home and be more comfortable in her own bed very soon!!!

Rochelle said...

She does look mad! So sorry to hear about the PICU stay. We will be praying that you can go home in no time.

ABandCsMom said...

Dear Kristen, I so wish that you could feel my (((hugs))). You too Polly.

Arizona mom to eight said...

We are adding Kristen to our prayers.

Tina said...

Praying for Kristin and hope she can go home soon and be with her family where she is the most comfortable and happiest.

I'm really sorry to hear that she has to deal with additional problems. Sending love and prayers and hugs

Brighton said...

I'd be grumpy too! Prayers that she will be able to go home real soon : )

Sandy said...

I will surely pray for your little angel and for you and your whole family. Trust in your God he will do what is best for your angel and for you. Amy's Aunt Sandy

Faylene said...

Polly, we are so sorry to hear that Kristen is in the hospital again. She is in our prayers. If we can do anything let us know. Chuck and I were wanting to come and see her but we have been exposed to the flu. We love you all and tell Kristen we love her so much.
Chuck and Pam

Christi Harrison said...

I hope she can go home soon. God bless all of you.