I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Monday, July 19, 2010

Oh Baby!


Katy had her baby girl today! Everything went well. I really had to laugh as her son who is 6 came running into the room and said, "Dad, How did you get the baby out?" Charlie, being the funny guy that he is, was quick to reply, "I'll tell you when you're 12!"
I wasn't even sure that I would be able to go to the hospital because Kristen in not doing well. When she doesn't feel good she just wants me. My husband stopped in during work and sat with her and I was able to run to the hospital. 
We brought Kristen home from the hospital last night. She was so uncomfortable there. We decided that everything that was being done in the hospital we could do at home. We brought her home on oxygen and 3 IV antibiotics. She is becoming more and more uncomfortable. Her comfort is our number one priority. We are working to figure out what will keep her most comfortable. She really hates oxygen. It's a struggle to keep it on her. This past weekend was another reminder of what is before us. We are finding ourselves making decisions that no parent should ever have to make. One thing that I can say is that my  faith in God and in His plan has never wavered.
We continue to witness miracles every day.
Kristen continues to touch many hearts.
We are so blessed to have her in our home.

18 comments:

Kristin said...

What a beautiful new little spirit! Congratulations.
Praying for Kristen and your family.

Tricia said...

Bittersweet comes to mind. The baby is beautiful. Glad she and momma are doing well. I will continue to pray for Kristen and the rest of you as you walk through this.

Amy L said...

Congratulations on your new grand daughter. She is precious! I'm happy that you were able to bring Kristen home. And praying that you can minimize her discomfort. Bless her heart, it just pains my heart to hear she isn't feeling well. God Bless you Polly!
Sending love,
Amy and boys

Amy Flege said...

congratulations on your new baby grandaughter. she is beautiful... praying for kristen and your family!!!!

Rochelle said...

Congratulations on the beautiful new baby girl!

Praying for Kristen. I hate to hear she is uncomfortable.

Polly you and your family are such a complete blessing.

Keep your faith and sharing your miracles.

Nicki Swilor said...

I can't believe how sweet that first picture is! She is beautiful! Congratulations! What a blessing at a such a hard time. God will continue to bless you always! Prayers continue for all of you.

宋瑞正宋瑞正 said...

真有內容的部落格~推推!............................................................

Kristi said...

Congratulations on your BEAUTIFUL Grandbaby!!! God bless you all! I'm glad to hear that Kristen is home and more comfortable! You all are always in my prayers and thoughts!
xoxo
Kristi

The VW's said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Babies are such a blessing!

I'm so sorry to just read that Kristen is not doing well and was in the hospital though! This breaks my heart!

I'll be thinking of her and you and I'll be praying!!! God's plan IS always best....keep your faith in this during the coming weeks! May He give you strength, peace, grace and comfort today and always! Love, Hugs and Prayers!!!

Angi said...

I am happy that you can keep her home where she is happiest, my heart is with you during the coming weeks. And thru all that is happening all around you... I thank you from the bottom of my heart for sending me the beautiful pictures.

To Love Endlessly said...

what a beautiful baby! we're praying for your angel.

JennyH said...

Awe- what a cute little baby. Well, actually looks like a cute, chunky baby! Congrats!

so happy that Kristen is home. Hopefully her pain can be taken care of. Perk up Kristen!!

ABandCsMom said...

Oh what a doll! Is baby named yet??

(((HUGS)))to Kristen. Hoping you are able to find the right level of comfort for her pain.

schoolmother said...

Praying.
Joy

Heather said...

The new baby,absolutely perfect.Your angel girl,stronger than us all.Sending Kristen love and payers and to you my friend,prayers of peace and strength for the journey.

mandd3 said...

I've been sick and have been away for a bit so I'm just catching up/ First, I had to laugh through my tear swelled eyes at Kristen's mad face - what a character she is! Second, congratulations to Katy and her family on a perfect new bundle of love.
Thirs, I'm glad Kristen is home and I hope you all find a way to make her comfortable.

Brighton said...

Praying and praying for Kristen.

eliz said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful baby! What a precious blessing!
Elizabeth & family in MN