I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Never say Never

I have been trying to put my thoughts of the past week on paper for a few days now. It’s not easy. I have thought of many words that might describe this past week:
crazy, fun-filled, exhausting, bittersweet, miraculous, magical, surreal, beautiful and
fascinating just to name a few.
Both of the wedding ceremonies as well as the reception were amazing. Both of my daughters were stunning brides. I am so excited to get the pictures back from both of the photographers and believe me I will definitely be sharing. It was a beautiful day. Thank you so much to my family and friends who helped in so many ways. I seriously could not have done it without your help. To those of you who live close by, I have candy, lots of it, orange sixlets, gumballs, rock suckers and lemon slices, please stop in for a bag.

The most magical part of the entire day was the fact that our little angel was able to attend. Our purpose in moving the weddings up from August to July was in hopes that Kristen would be well enough to attend. Many prayers were offered and many prayers were answered. It was just a week ago tonight that I said to my family that Kristen would NEVER be able to attend the festivities on Wednesday. She was too sick. She was fading much quicker than I had expected. She could barely walk without getting dizzy. She needed to carried from her room down to the family room. Her fever was increasing. Then I noticed that her ear was draining, a lot. An ear infection? Really? Maybe this was the cause of her discomfort, her fever, her dizziness. I would have to wait a couple of days and see it the antibiotics helped, and help it did. By Tuesday evening she was getting that sparkle back in her eye. Wednesday morning she walked down the stairs. Yes, she was still weak, but she was also strong, strong enough to attend her sister’s weddings.
 And we are grateful.

Where there is hope, there is faith. Where there is faith, there are miracles.
I am so thankful for the memories of the past week. Kristen continues to guide me. Her light continues to shine and show me the way. It is a sweet feeling to smile at Kristen and see her smiling back at me.
She has already showed me that I am stronger than I thought I was.
 I can’t wait to see what she is going to teach me tomorrow.

15 comments:

Emma said...

Isn't it just amazing what God can do? what faith can do? actually that song is one I've played while thinking of Kristen.

thank you for sharing!

stephanie said...

Polly, it is an honor to "know" you. I do not have words to describe how I feel about you.

i am so happy that Kristen was well enough to attend the weddings, she looked so pretty.

can't wait to see more pictures.

Amy L said...

Polly,
I was so happy to see that Kristen was able to make the weddings. She made a beautiful day for all of you even more beautiful! Hugs to all of you and prayers for Kristen.
Amy

Kim said...

I am so happy that Kristen was able to attend and be apart of that cherished memory. Can't wait to see the pictures~

Continued prayers~

Anna said...

I am so thrilled that Kristin was feeling well enough to attend the wedding! She looked beautiful!

Lacey said...

Kristen never ceases to amaze me! She is indeed a rock star!

The VW's said...

Kristen is one of the best teachers that I "know"! She is such a blessing and so are you! love, Hugs and Prayers!!!

Cindy said...

Kristen is amazing, You are amazing! So thankful the day was all you had hoped it would be!

Anne and Whitney: Up, Down and All Around said...

I can't tell you how happy I am to know that Kristen had that "twinkle in her eye" and was strong enough to attend and enjoy her sisters' weddings!!! what a miracle!

Peter Olson said...

AMEN! AMEN! AMEN!
Love to hear about another miracle
:-)
Still praying for "Another Miracle"

Angi said...

An inspiration barely says what I feel...so very happy, praying for more peace.

Kristi said...

YAY!!!! This is fantastic!!! Kristen really IS a rockstar!!! Kristen and your whole family are such a blessing to us! My boys ask about her all the time and how she is doing. We are sending out a few more cards they made this week. My one son talks about your blog and my blog, LOL!
xoxo
Kristi

To Love Endlessly said...

I haven't been a round much lately. But kristen hasn't left my thoughts or prayers. I'm so, so thankful that she was able to attend the weddings and be apart of such a special time with her sisters. God is good.

Rochelle said...

I too am thankful Kristen was able to attend the wedding, what a beautiful day.
She is amazing and we continue to pray for her as well as for you.

姿柯瑩柯dgdd憶曾g智曾 said...

人必須心懷希望,才會活的快樂,日子才過得充實,有意義,有朝氣,有信心。............................................................