I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. I've contemplated on many occasions rather I should quit this blog or not. Each time I am inspired that I should not. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever! This I know. Our family continues to live and to love and this is our story...

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Kristen Ann Kirton
“Our Angel”

Kristen Ann Kirton passed away at home surrounded by her loving family on July 20, 2010 after fighting leukemia with grace and dignity. She was born on May 3, 1986 to Richard Kirton and Polly Christensen Kirton. Kristen loved life. Her favorite place in the world was home. Many days you could find her dancing and singing throughout the house. She loved to watch the Disney channel and to organizer her things. Kristen loved family vacations, camping and spending the night in a hotel. Kristen was a shining star in the lives of many. In her short 24 years she instilled upon many the gift of perspective, the lessons of fragility and taught all the true meaning of life and what was important.
 Kristen was beautiful she was meek and she represents
everything that is good in the world.

Kristen loved her family and is survived by her parents, her brothers and sisters, Katy (Charlie) Anderson, Rick (Lisa) Kirton, Kamie (James) Ashton, Kimberly (David) Larsen and Ryan Kirton; her nieces and nephews, Cody, Brooke, Ellie and Claire Anderson, Jordan and Sara Kirton; her grandparents; Darlene Christensen, Richard and Lavon Kirton; many aunts, uncles and cousins.
Preceded in death by her loving grandfather, Charles Christensen.

We would like to thank Dr. Mark Fluchel, the oncology team, the bone marrow transplant team and the ICS unit at Primary Children’s Medical Center for their kind, diligent and loving care. A special thank you to her brother Ricky, for giving her another chance at life by donating his bone marrow.

Funeral Services will be held Friday, July 23, 2010 at 11:00 am at the Draper 5th Ward Chapel, 1617 East 12700 South in Draper. A viewing will be held Thursday, July 22, 2010 from 6-8 pm at Lake Hills Memorial Mortuary, 10055 South State, in Sandy and on Friday from 10-10:45 am at the chapel in Draper.
Interment at Lake Hills Memorial Cemetery.
Although Kristen has left us for a season her light will continue to shine.
We are forever blessed for having her in our lives.
“Families are Forever”

36 comments:

Brighton said...

I know that she gave me perspective when I needed it most. A true friend and a beautiful girl who did more in her 24 years than most do in a lifetime. Beautiful inside and out. Love and prayers for your family.
Love, The Keller-Goins Family

treasuresandsnares said...

A beautiful tribute to a beautiful angel that will be missed terribly. Hugs and Loves
Kim

Amy L said...

We look forward to meeting Kristen one day in Heaven.
Sending love and prayers,
Amy Lucas and sons

stephanie said...

Beautifully written. Kristen's light will shine forever. And I too cannot wait to meet her in heaven.

I treasure even more now her photo you sent to me. I love it! Thanks again.

ParkerMama said...

I can't begin to share with you how your strength, grace, and love for Kristen has touched my life.

Your faith in God and His plan truly has never wavered.

I could learn so very much from your example.

Tammy and Parker
www.prayingforparker.com

Paige said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Such a beautiful angel.

Michele said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I have faith that she and Carly are meeting up in Heaven and will be watching down on us all.

laurasue said...

May God bless your family, and bring you all comfort and peace. My prayers are with you.
Laurasue

Peter Olson said...

I'm praying that God will give you comfort and peace in this time of tremendous loss and pain.

The Lord gives and the Lord takes away. Praise the name of the Lord. (Job 1:21)

Kristen is in heaven, where there is no sickness, crying or pain. Please take comfort in that thought.

Lori said...

I too am sorry for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you!

Cindy said...

A beautiful post. Your family continues to be in our prayers.

Dawn said...

What a beautiful post for a beautiful soul. I continue to pray for you and your family in this very difficult time.

Rochelle said...

What a beautiful post for a beautiful angel.
Thank you for sharing her with us.
Our prayers are with you daily.

Scarehaircare said...

I just learned about Kristen this past spring. My heart aches for those left here on earth. I'm in tears right now but I'm also smiling. but help smile at the thought of the reunion she is having with her grandfather. God bless your family

My Blog said...

This was beautiful. So many people will miss Kristen but she will live on in all of our hearts. She is your Angel watching you and I know you will have a beautiful reunion one day when you get to see her again face to face. Her light will shine on and I will think of her everyday when I see the sunrise. I never even met her and I am still inspired by her strength. Thank you for sharing your Princess with us.

valmg said...

My heart breaks for you.
I'll look up at the stars tonight and say a prayer to and for your beautiful angel.

Tracy said...

Oh...my heart to yours. I'm so sorry. No words can ease your pain, but know that we are sharing your sorrow.

Tina said...

My heart breaks for you. Kristin will be missed so very very much by one and all. One can only take comfort in the knowledge that she is at last free of pain, she is running and smiling and just know that one day she will be reunited with all of her fam,ily, what a reunion that will be. Until then her light will shine on here on earth and her story will continue to inspire so many of us.

Thank you for sharing her brave journey, I have been priviledged and honoured to have known her through this wonderful blog world.

陳佑發 said...

很好很強大!祝你天天文思泉湧!...........................................................

Shelley said...

Thank you for sharing the remarkable story of Kristen. She and her loved ones will be in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow.

Anne and Whitney: Up, Down and All Around said...

thinking of you and saying prayers for kristen in heaven and your entire family!!!

thetaooftulips said...

Oh my heart breaks for your families enormous loss. Much love, hugs and prayers for your family during this time.

Kristy said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Kristen will be greatly missed. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

SSBenjamins said...

My heart is so full right now of so many emotions. One year ago our Family said goodbye to my sweet disabled brother and my heart has continued to hurt- I found Your blog and felt automatically connected to this beautiful Angel and her Mother, I saw the love and heartfelt support you have given to your wonderful daughter, sister, aunt and friend- I know in so many ways how your feeling and know I am here for you every step- if you need anything please know I am here for you . Forever will this angel live in all of our hearts.

Emily said...

What a beautiful post for your sweet angel. My love and prayers are with your family at this time. Families are forever...

Brandi said...

Lots of Love from the Jensen's

Nef Family said...

Our hearts ache for your loss. Thank you Kristin and Polly for being a source of encouragement and light through the darkness of cancer.

Kristi said...

I feel honored to know you and your family and to be a part of this blog. Kristen enriched our lives greatly. I feel blessed to have "known" her, even if it was through blogland. Thank you Polly for sharing her with us.
We are ALL here for you. I am praying for you all!
xoxo
Kristi

Suzie and Lily said...

My heart is breaking. We have been w/o internet for the past 2-1/2 weeks. I kept wondering what was happening with Kristen. Lily is upset too.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Love Suzie and Lily.

Joyce said...

Dearest Polly and Family, Our thoughts and prayers are with you. I so wish we could be in Draper today to wrap our arms around you in support. You have all taught us so much about life and living, hope and faith. Kristen will surely be in our hearts forever.

Lori Harper said...

I can barely type for the tears that flow. My sweet 3 year old is also battling cancer and I know how hard this is on the entire family. I am comforted to know that your precious angel would not return to this earth even if she had the chance! She is in a place that I long to be!!!!! Many prayers are going up for you.

The VW's said...

I am truly sorry for your enormous loss! This world was made a better place with Kristen in it! Her lessons that she taught us all will live on for many years to come.....she was one of the best "teachers" that I know!

May God give your family peace, strength, grace and comfort today and always! Love, Big Hugs and Lots of Prayers!!!

JennyH said...

I can't believe it. I am so sad to hear about Kristen.

So sorry for you and I'll keep you in my prayers.

She was a shining rock star.

Kele@ said...

Our prayers of comfort and peace go out to you and your family.
Much love,
The Giles Family
Mike, Kele, Mikah, Jett and Presley

Sasha said...

We have your family in our thoughts. Kristen is an amazing woman, who touched many lives. Sending you hugs and strength at this time.

Michelle said...

I'm so sorry to hear of Kristen's passing; she was such a brave fighter. My thoughts and prayers are with your family.