I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Fun filled Saturday?

Kristen needed blood and of course it's the 4th of July weekend so we ended up here in the hospital. As it turned out she also needed platelets. Kristen continues to have a fever so she is receiving another dose of antibiotics. The doctor came in to see her and was asking about her pain level. I really think that for the most part she has been comfortable. It is hard to tell the difference between pain and just not feeling good. Leukemia causes bone pain so the doc was concerned that maybe she is having pain. He ordered a huge bottle of pain medication for us to take home. I am not too thrilled as this is just another reminder of what is now before me. I try not to think about that. But it's hard not to. I am still trying to soak in every moment. Even though we have spent this entire day here in the hospital it still goes down as a fun filled Saturday.

10 comments:

Rachel said...

Praying for Kristen!

Suzie and Lily said...

Bless your heart. I admire your looking at the positive. We should all learn from you.

stephanie said...

Oh Polly, I wish i could be sitting in the hospital with you!

i don't know if you follow this blog but today she posted the most beautiful video and song. Here's her site, http://jasmine-windmillsandtulips.blogspot.com/

Worth taking a peek at. I do hope it's a comfort. If it's not then just get the heck outta there and forget I mentioned it.
All my love...

Heather said...

Love coming your way Polly.Love and and lots and lots of prayers.

Tina said...

Sending lots of love and prayers. I can't even begin to understand what you must be going through, but your strength is coming from a higher power. I will be keeping all of you in my prayers daily.

Brighton said...

Hugs and prayers- sending both.

I told Sara that Kristen was sick, and she has been carrying her picture with her everywhere. She even took it with her this week to Michigan to visit her aunt. She asks me everyday how her friend is doing.

Amy L said...

We're sending our love and prayers. Polly, I think of Kristen so often during the day, praying for her and for you.
Love,
Amy

The VW's said...

Love, Big Hugs and Lots of Prayers!!!

eliz said...

Hospitals are so not fun. (((HUGS))) to you and Kristen. We pray everyday that Kristen dores not have pain.
My 25 yr old daughter is in hospice care on morphine. Pain stinks.
Elizabeth in MN

Jasmine said...

Polly, I'm praying for Kristen. I saw your comment on my blog and was not able to get to you until now.

I do not have the words to express how unsurmountable this may seem. But please take hope in the fact that what is impossible for man is not impossible for God.

May I please ask my readers to pray for Kristen?

Jasmine and Ella
Windmills and Tulips