I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Sunday, July 4, 2010

4th of July Weekend

Kristen has never liked fireworks. She always covers her ears and her eyes. We don't feel even a bit bad that we can't go see them tonight.  She is once again cozy in her room. I wish I could say she was feeling better but I can't. She gave us a scare when she woke this morning. She has a cough and was having a hard time breathing. Her and I just stayed in bed until she felt like getting up. I carried her down the stairs to her favorite chair in the family room. I soon noticed that her ear was draining, a lot. I could have kicked myself. She has been seen by the doctor 2 times this week and not once did I have him check her ears. This might explain her dizziness and some of the discomfort she is feeling. I called and got an antibiotic added to the list. She is really cute, she stuffs a cotton ball in her ear and about every hour she pulls it out and yells for me to come look. I tried to take her picture, I told her to say cheese and she said, "I don't want to." 
 So no picture of Kristen tonight. 


This rocket here is AWESOME! You will have to go here to read about it. It will put a smile on your face. Peter is a friend who also had a bone marrow transplant. He is definitely the go to guy if you have questions about a transplant.
Thank You Peter for all your support and prayers.

The wedding is in 3 days. Things are coming along. My dinning room has turned into the wedding storage room. I have gathered just about everything we need for the decorations, the buffet and the candy counter. Oh yeah...can you say
27 pounds of chocolate covered cinnamon bears.
A sneak peek at my 2 grandsons in their tuxedos. We needed to do a bit of alterations on one of their sleeves. I can't wait to see the flower girls with their dresses on.
Please send extra prayers for Kristen, that she might be feeling well enough to participate in the weddings. 
 Thank You so much to all of you that continue to support her and pray for her. 

8 comments:

Cindy said...

Sorry Kristen wasn't feeling well today. Beth doesn't like fireworks either. Same reaction from her - eyes closed and ears covered!

I'm praying Kristen is feeling much better for the weddings!

Kristin said...

Praying for beautiful pictures of Kristen in those weddings!!

Tina said...

I do hope Kristin really gets to enjoy the wedding and be part of all the celebrations. Hope the ear clears up soon.

Prayers of strength continue for you, Kristin and the entire family.

The VW's said...

Praying Kristen is feeling better soon and that she is feeling fantastic for the wedding!

I am so inspired by your family's love for one another! You have done a wonderful job Momma!

Love, Hugs and Prayers!!!

Jana said...

Oh my goodness, Cody and Jordan look so cute!!! I can't believe it is only 3 days away!! If you need any help with anything, give me a call!

We'll be continuing to pray for Kristen.

Love to you all!!

To Love Endlessly said...

the wedding is going to be absolutely beautiful! I'll be praying for Kristen that she feels good enough to participate in them and that you get your miracle!

Peter Olson said...

I pray that everything goes perfectly for the wedding.

Praying everyday for Kristen

Looking forward to seeing those wedding photos

God bless you all!

JennyH said...

How Handsome! Hope the wedding goes great and Kristen can attend.

That's a lot of candy!!

Max hates fireworks too... anything loud. Even if we can't hear fireworks but see them he will cover his ears.