I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A Special Gift

To Elizabeth in Minnesota,
How did you know that pink and purple were Kristen's favorite colors? The afghan
you made for her is beautiful! She was very excited to spread it out on her bed. The afghan is much more beautiful than it shows in the picture. I already know that this will go with Kristen wherever she goes. Thank You so much for your kindness!

We feel so blessed to have
'Angels Among Us'
So many kind hearts doing kind things.

8 comments:

Joy said...

The afghan is sooo pretty. My little girl, Katie, has the same pink lamp in her room!

stephanie said...

What a beauty!!! It's absolutely beautiful!!!

And Kristen you look so good!!! You look like your feeling great ...i hope you do.

eliz said...

Hello!! :o)
I almost fell out of my chair when I clicked on Kristen's blog just now and saw the afghan I made her!
What a sweet picture!
Kristen you look so beautiful with it! What joy it brings my heart to see that you like it! Thank You for sharing this photo!!
I just knew those were your favorite colors Kristen; from the beautiful photos in your blog! You an an Angel Princess!!
We are still praying Polly and Kristen and family!!
God Bless and keep you all!
(((((BIG HUGS))))
Elizabeth in MN

To Love Endlessly said...

Kristen, you look fantastic!! I love your new blanket. That must've been made with a whole lot of love. :-)

Denise said...

What a beautiful afghan!!! There is nothing quite as cozy as a homemade afghan and the colors and design are just amazing. Been thinking about you guys lately. We just had to move out of our wonderful, big room in the OICU because a bone marrow transplant patient was coming in and they get the top priority for the ICU rooms. Makes me realize what a fragile thing it is and how tough Kristen is for going through it!!! Glad to hear that her counts are looking good!!

Peter Olson said...

A beautiful afghan for a beautiful girl! ;-)

韋于倫成 said...

行萬里路勝讀萬卷書 ^^ 羨慕你哦!..................................................

JennyH said...

That is really pretty! Kristen has touched SO many people.