I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Kristen's Daddy

Happy Father's Day
Half Moon Lake 2009
2007
Jackson Hole 2009
Kristen's 1st Birthday

Both Kristen and I are blessed to have this guy taking care of us.

We had a good weekend. Kristen is still feeling good, aside from the tiredness that she feels. I am anxious to see her blood counts in the morning.
She will probably need platelets either tomorrow or sometime this week.
 We have moved our daughters weddings up to July 7th. That's right...a little over 2 weeks. Their weddings were scheduled for August 18th. My husband decided that August probably would not be a good month for Kristen. He gave my girls a choice, either postpone your weddings or move them up. They both decided they would like to move them up in hopes that Kristen would still feel well enough to attend. They wanted her to be part of their special day. I think Kristen has a special calling that day,
"Maid of Honor"


11 comments:

Kandi Ann said...

So exciting she will be in the wedding. I love you Kristen!

Leah said...

Oh my gosh! Does Kristen look like her daddy or what? I'm so excited that Kristen will get to be in the wedding. I have no doubt she will enjoy it.

The VW's said...

I was just thinking that Kristen looks a lot like her Daddy too! What sweet pictures of them together!

Hope the wedding planning goes well and that Kristen is feeling great for the big day! Love, Hugs and Prayers!!!

Lacey said...

Thats so great that they are moving up their weddings! She does look like her daddy!

Amy L said...

Wow! Kristen sure looks a lot like her Daddy!:) Kristen is going to be a beautiful Maid of Honor! God Bless her! Praying as you try and get your weddings ready in such short time! Sending love and prayers,
Amy

stephanie said...

OH your Daddy looks so sweet Kristen!!!
Now I know exactly who you look like!!! WOW!!

Polly I'm praying the wedding fairies come to rescue!!! YOU CAN PULL IT OFF!!!!

Becca said...

Wow, they do look so much alike! Fun pictures! So exciting about the weddings, and about Kristen's role in them - good luck to all!

Christi Harrison said...

precious! i hope she feels great on wedding day!

Joyce said...

Love the pics!!! My golly is she a daddy's look a like girl or what. So sweet that first birthday. I sure can't wait to see wedding pictures in July. I know Kristen will be the belle of the ball.

Brighton said...

Kristen looks just like her daddy. I am so glad the girls are moving their weddings up for her- that will be a beautiful day for all of you. : )

Kristi said...

WOW Kristen looks JUST like her daddy!! I am so happy to hear that Kristen will be Maid of Honor in both her sisters weddings!
I have to tell you, I have been reading through your blog tonight and really getting to know you all. I read about your dear father, what a wonderful man. And what a BEAUTIFUL family you have! The love and warmth shine through every picture. God bless you all!
xoxo
Kristi