I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Helpless...Not

This past 3 weeks I have often described myself as feeling helpless. Many times I have wanted to scream out, "Can't someone help her?" There has to be something to stop these leukemia cells from invading her precious little body. I am soon reminded that we are doing something.
In fact we are doing everything we can do.

I looked up the definition of
helpless: Lacking protection or support; marked by an inability to act or react; powerless, without power.

 I quickly came to realize that helpless I am not. Our family is being protected. Kristen is being watched over. She is receiving blessings daily. She is for the most part comfortable, she is home. I have more support that I ever could have imagined. from family, friends, neighbors and even strangers. I have definitely been blessed with the ability to act or react. I pray daily that I will do just that, act and not react. How I handle this situation affects Kristen and the rest of our family. Powerless, No. We are surrounded by power, the power of prayer, the power of Kristen's sweet spirit that emulates from her. 
 The power of family of friends and most of all  the
power of faith.

Kristen still makes her way down to the family room every morning. She is becoming more weak. Her blood tests yesterday showed that the leukemia is progressing rapidly. I had a conversation with the doctor yesterday, he suspects that she may have a virus. Maybe in a few days she will perk up. As the weddings are approaching, I have already made tentative plans with my sister to stay with Kristen as I can't see her going anywhere unless she really does have a virus and can get over it. I can already see a beautiful picture, Kamie and Kim wearing their wedding dresses and sitting with Kristen on her bed. 
  
I am including a couple of the girls engagement pictures
 because they are sooooo cute!
Thank You to all of you who continue to send Kristen cards, letters and gifts. As she opens each card., there is a smile upon her face. Thank You to family and friends who continue to call and check on us. I could never get through this without all of you.


9 comments:

Kristi said...

I absolutely LOVE the picture of you all!! I think you should take one everyday of whoever is there! If you are like me (always behind the camera) you are never in any of them. So many sure someone else is snapping pictures too!
As always, you are ALL in my prayers! And you are right, you ARE surrounded by power!
xoxo
Kristi

stephanie said...

Polly you are amazing! And you are right, you are not Helpless! and what an eloquent way you put it.

Anne and Whitney: Up, Down and All Around said...

What a beautiful family picture! I am thinking of you all and sending lots of prayers and positive thoughts your way, especially for Kristen!!!

Amy L said...

Polly,
You have a very beautiful family! We are praying for precious Kristen and the rest of your family. We have grown to love Kristen dearly. Thank you for sharing her and the rest of your family with all of us.
Amy

Heather said...

The family picture is beautiful.

The engagement pictures,darling.

And your faith and the grace, by which you are finding your way,simply amazing.

Love and prayers in great abundance,coming from California.

Tina said...

Prayers for Kristin are being said. Your strength and faith is powerful. I have you in my thoughts all the time.

Beautiful pictures of the girls on their engagement

Angi said...

Wonderful pictures. They speak volumes. You are doing an amazing job, I pray that it is a virus and she can be present at her sisters wedding...and the birth of that new baby! Love to you.

JennyH said...

You have a beautiful family!

Michele said...

Great pictures