I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Monday, May 24, 2010

A much needed better day

After a horrible week, Kristen seems to be feeling a bit better. Yesterday I was able to get her out for a while, I took her to grandma's house for dinner. I may have wore her out a little as today she is pretty quiet and just wants to rest. Her cyclosporine level was too high which may have contributed to the dizzy spells she was having last week. Today she was cutting some paper and I felt bad as her little hand was still shaking and she could hardly cut. Hopefully, as we taper her drugs, the shakes will go away. Now we are praying that her brothers bone marrow will continue to crowd out her own. She still has some of her own present which is not the best news as we already know what her bone marrow wants to do.

Kristen and her nieces and nephew
Kris and 2 of her sisters. Katy (in the middle) is going to have a baby in July, Kristen is very excited. I can hardly believe this...Katy invited Kristen to hold her hand while the baby is born.
I'm still thinking about that idea. Kristen couldn't be more excited, so i guess we'll see.


13 comments:

stephanie said...

OK, Katie's invitation to Kristen is so beautiful! What an experience that would be~

Glad Kristen is feeling a little better. She does look tired in the pics but it must have felt good to get out for a while.

Keep going in the right direction Miss K, remember you're a ROCKSTAR!!!

Heather said...

Happy for a better day and our prayers continue for Ricks marrow to keep knocking that other evil marrow!

Much love from California.

Kristi said...

I am SO glad she is feeling better! I literally BURST out crying when I read her sister invited her to hold her hand while the baby is born. What a BEAUTIFUL family you have, INSIDE and OUT! :)
xoxo
Kristi

Angi said...

So glad to read she had a better day, praying for many more! (very exciting news for July!)

The VW's said...

Glad she had a better day! Praying she has many more good days and that her bone marrow goes away for good! Love, Hugs and Prayers!

Amy L said...

I'm so happy to hear that Kristen had such a good day! I'll keep praying for Kristen that she has many more wonderful days ahead. You have beautiful daughters inside and out, and what a beautiful thing that Katy has asked Kristen to be there with her when she has her baby! You are very blessed, but I'm sure you already knew that!:)
Amy

Tricia said...

Glad she is feeling a bit better. I will keep praying.

Lacey said...

Look at all those cute kidos! I think that would be a great experience for Kristen!

Becca said...

I'm so glad Kristen's feeling a bit better! Beautiful invitation. I would imagine that as long as she's prepared for it, knowing what to expect, it should be an amazing experience for her! Hope she continues to feel better and better as the days go on...

eliz said...

God Bless you Kristen! We are praying for you in MN
(((HUG)))
Elizabeth & Tom Archer family

To Love Endlessly said...

what a sweet offer from Katy to Kristen! Let us know what you decide. I think I would pass out if I was in the room with someone giving birth. haha I'm so glad that things are looking up after last week. I pray that trend continues...

Suzie and Lily said...

Beautiful Kristen we are praying for you!

Monica said...

Hey Kristen...you are looking stronger and stronger everyday! I hope you have MANY more BETTER days!