I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Last Chemo!

Yesterday Kristen finished what should be her LAST chemo. She's feeling it today. Her back is sore and she just plain feels yucky. She does not want to eat or drink. I have kept the tylenol coming every 4 hours to try to ease the back pain. Besides having a spinal tap she also had a bone marrow biopsy. This is a big one. It will tell us what has taken place in her bone marrow since her transplant.
Most of the results won't be in for a week.
Her bone marrrow  is also being checked for any signs of leukemia.
Kristen is still fighting to get her strength back.
Hoping she'll turn a corner soon.
I call this her jet pack. She has an IV drug that goes in from 9-11am. This is usually the time of day she likes to get organized and move about the house. I had this great ideas to put the IV pump in a backpack. She's much happier as she doesn't have to
just sit and wait for the drugs to get done.
Yes, she really does make her own bed.
Yes, her hair is making a comeback!

13 comments:

Amy L said...

That's a great idea using the backpack. Bless her heart, I'm praying that she starts feeling better real soon! Also praying for all of her test results to come back perfect! I love that girl of yours, she is just so darn precious! Have a wonderful Sunday and I'm hoping it brings lots of smiles for Kristen!:)
Amy

stephanie said...

Kristen you make a mean bed!! Much better than me!

Waiting for the results with you!!! And praying!!!!!!!!!

We love you!!!
adding Kristen's name to our prayer list.Added it when she began this journey, now I'll add it for a strong finish!

Emma said...

Ok I think I'll share my thoughts when opening your blog this morning. I've been complaining about my own pain this weekend, but as soon as I saw this post I realised Kristen probably has it MUCH worse! and she doesn't seem that miserable! so Kristen you've taught me to be thankful. Not that I want her to be hurting, I definitely don't. I will pray for her today, but that's just a little lesson learned this morning!

Lots of love x

Monica said...

Kristen, you remind me that while yes I do have my own problems and struggles...there are others in this world who are struggling harder. You are truly an inspiration. I am praying for good news!

The VW's said...

Praying for great test results! And, great idea about the backpack! What a smart Momma! HUGS!!!

Cindy said...

I like the backpack idea! Brilliant! We'll be praying for Kristen's test results.

Sasha said...

Love the backpack idea. I am hoping and praying for good test results and that she feels better. Hugs

Lacey said...

I know it probably doesn't feel like it to you, but this round went faster than I expected. I thought with the bone marrow transplant she would be in the hospital for months. Its so nice to see her home and doing good!

Becca said...

I'm hoping for good results from her tests, and for this round of chemo to truly be her last! That backpack is a really great idea! Hugs to Kristen!

Peter Olson said...

Praying for good test results
Beautiful girl
Love that jet pack, space traveler - Kristen. ;-)

Kristin said...

Oh beautiful girl, this post brought tears of joy!

Dawn said...

I love Kristen's room. I wish my Taylor would be into princesses and girly things, but she loves all things cars. You just can't girly up Mustangs and muscle cars.

Thinking good thoughts for great results!

Brighton said...

Praying for fantastic test results! Kristen is a total rockstar : )