I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Friday, May 21, 2010

Finally some results....


It's been a long week waiting for the results from Kristen's bone marrow biopsy. Finally the results are in and they are not exactly what we were hoping for. Hopefully as we begin to taper her immunosuppressant drugs, things will come together for her good. Kristen has not been feeling well this past week. She is extremely tired and worn. She has had a few incidents where she feels light headed and dizzy. She also gets chills and begins to shake. Not fun, not fun at all. I do believe we have had enough. We'll continue to go forward the only way we know how, one foot in front of the other and moment by moment.

Another cancer mom, Stephanie, has recently reminded us, using one of her favorite songs, to keep our chin up, a reminder I needed, especially this week. Here are the words, 
I really recommend that you  click here to hear the song to get the full effect.

Chin up, chin up
Everybody loves a happy face
Wear it, share it
It'll brighten up the darkest place
Twinkle, sparkle
Let a little sunshine in
You'll be on the right side
Looking at the bright side
Up with your chinny chin chin…

Chin up, chin up
Put a little laughter in your eyes
Brave it, save it
Even though you're feeling otherwise
Rise up, wise up
Make a little smile begin
You'll be happy hearted
Once you get it started
Up with your chinny chin chin!

Chin down, you can't come frowning
Turn around
Starting, clowning
Think sad
Your troubles double
Think glad
They burst like bubbles

Chin up, chin up
Every little time your spirits wilt
Chin up, chin up
Give your attitude an upward tilt
Twinkle, sparkle
Make a little fun begin
You'll be on the right side
Looking at the bright side
Up with your chinny chin
Chin up!

21 comments:

Becca said...

Oh, I hope your sweet girl gets a break SOON!

{{hugs}}

Tricia said...

Sorry to hear you did not get the results you were hoping for. Praying that she will feel better soon. Praying that you will be encouraged as well.

The VW's said...

Praying for your sweet girl! Hope she is feeling better soon and that you get some good results too! Love, Hugs and Prayers!!

Amy L said...

In tears here! I'm praying that Kristen will feel better soon. Praying for a God's loving hands to heal precious Kristen soon.
Love from the Lucas family,
Amy Lucas

Kristi said...

I am praying for you all! I hope that she is feeling better soon and you all have a break from all this stress. My heart hurts for you all! She is a trooper!!! :)
Kristi

Heather said...

And we continue forward alongside you as well.Walking with faith and hope as Kristen does the only thing she knows to do,because it's in those magic chromosome's ... and that is, fight like a rockstar.

We love you guys Polly.

Cindy said...

I'm sorry the news was not what you were hoping for. We'll continue to pray for Kristen. You are not alone! We love 'our' Rockstar!!

Sasha said...

Oh I am sorry that it was not the news you wanted. Hang in there and hopefully things turn around soon and some better news arrives. Hang in there Kirsten and mommy. We are rooting for you.

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

My prayers are with your family! love the song!

God bless,
Tami
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

kara said...

Praying for better news for Kristen SOON! Much love and prayers,

Kara
http://threelittlekings.blogspot.com

To Love Endlessly said...

oh geez. Well, I'm praying for some improvement in her results and also that she, herself, feels better soon. And keep that chin up!!

crazymother said...

You keep your chin up and we will all keep on praying. I also love the song..."one foot in front of the other and soon you'll be walking out the door." I hope things start to look up soon. Love ya.

Lacey said...

Hoping she feels better soon,and things fall where they are supposed to fall!

My name is Sarah said...

Charlotte's Web. I like that movie. I am sorry you have not been feeling so well this week Kristen. I still have your pictures next to my bed and think of you every day.

Monica said...

Thinking and praying for Kristen. Hand in there and stay strong precious!

Tina said...

Hope things look different soon. Terribly sorry to hear that the results were not what you were hoping for, I am sure the fighter that kristin is, things are going to turn around.

keeping you in my thoughts and prayers...keep fighting Kristin, keep the faith and hope

Peter Olson said...

At around Day 50 (post BMT) I had 100% level 1 donor (peripheral blood) but my bone marrow wasn't at 100% donor until sometime before Day 100 when I had the next bone marrow biopsy.
The procedure for harvesting my sisters stem cells was different and my bone marrow transplant was a different too, I think, so it is easy to understand the differences there.
Rest assured that Kristen's bone marrow will become 100% donor. She is a tough girl, so her bone marrow would be tough too. ;-)
We continue to pray for Kristen. Some graft verses host disease (GVHD) is good ~ that means there is more likely graft verses leukemia. So no GVHD is bad, but to much GVHD is bad too.
Welcome to the "New Normal".
I pray that God will bless you all with good health.

Peter Olson said...

If my math is correct Kristen's Day +100 will be Friday June 4, 2010.
That is a big milestone to celebrate. ;-)

JennyH said...

Praying you start to feel like yourself soon.

Love the Rock star sign you got.

Brighton said...

Praying that Kristen gets to feeling better real soon!

ABandCsMom said...

Charolett's Web! Oh my. I sang that song ever time I gave Carly a bath. Otherwise, she wouldn't tip her head back so I could rinse out the suds.

Praying all goes in the right direction for our "Rock Star" Kristen.