I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Monday, May 10, 2010

A Heartfelt Thank You

As most of you know last week was Kristen's birthday. Almost every single day since last week Kristen has received either a package or a card. Each time I run into her room and proudly announce,
 "Your mail is here!"
she gets a very big smile on her face. I wanted to thank all of you for your kindness.
Your thoughtfulness really does matter and is very appreciated.

4 comments:

Kristi said...

I must have missed that it was Kristen's birthday!! Happy Birthday Kristen!! And I just saw her address on teh sidebar!! I will be sending mail! :)
xoxo
Kristi

Heather said...

So happy you had a great birthday week.No one deserves a extended birthday past the actual day,than you!In my opinion you should receive a present every single day for the rest of your life after all you have been through!

Love you Rockstar and mom said you liked your necklace ... I thought it was perfect for you because you define the word survivor!

stephanie said...

Who said you could only celebrate your Bday one day!!!

Kristen you can celebrate every day!!!
And Heather is right, you should get a present every day! As long as I'm not in charge of mailing!!! YIKES!!
Glad you finally got it!!!!

SSBenjamins said...

Hey Sweet Mom to Kristen, I love the cute pictures- Kristen is for sure a ROCKSTAR.. I have given you an award- check out my blog for the award for Attitude/Gratitude...