I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

and party we did.


Birthdays at our house start early in the morning and go until late into the evening. Yesterday was no exception. We took Kirsten bowling and to lunch early to avoid crowds. I carried clorox wipes with me and wiped everything before she touched it. People probably thought I was crazy and maybe I am. This was the first time Kristen has been out in public for almost 6 months. She had a blast! Soon after arriving home she retreated to her cozy little spot in her room. The party didn't stop there. She continued to have visitors all day. Grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins continued to show up all bearing gifts. We even took  cake to her room and sang to her.
It was a good day, no, It was a GREAT day.
We have so very much to celebrate.



Kristen in her new chair surrounded by all of her gifts. You would have thought it was Christmas. Thank You to all those who helped make her day so special.

12 comments:

Karol said...

Happy Birthday to a beautiful princess.

stephanie said...

YEAH!!! party girl!!!! Awesome pics. So stinkin happy Kristen felt good for her b-day!

What a beautiful chair!!! fit for a princess!

Keep on celebrating!!
Love and hugs!!

PS I'm shipping her surprise come hell or high water tomorrow!

Joyce said...

Tears of Joy here. What an AWESOME Celebration!!!

Monica said...

The pictures seriously brightened my day! Thank you for sharing Kristen's special day with all of us.

Your family is blessed with Strength and Love!. :)

Angi said...

Thank you for sharing your special day! Beautiful pictures of family and friends...so glad she was able to go out!!

crazymother said...

She deserved a giant celebration like that! Happy Birthday! And no, I think every cancer parent carries a bottle of clorox wipes with them everywhere they go!

Amy L said...

I'm so HAPPY to hear that Kristen had so much fun on her birthday! Bless her heart!
Amy

Sasha said...

Wow that is an awesome party. I must say I love the pic of Kristen making a funny face with the 2 others in the photo. She looks like she is having a blast and she DESERVES it!!

Tina said...

Hope I'm not too late to wish Kristin a happy birthday, haven't been online much lately so I know I missed the big day :( Kristin I see you had a wonderful party and no one deserves it more....

With each year as you get healthier and healthier I wish you joy, happiness and so so much love from everyone who already loves you so much all over the world.

You're a true rock star!!!!!

Nicki Swilor said...

It looks like you guys did a lot of laughing. What a fun all day party you had! These pictures are all so fun. Glad she had a great celebration! Happy Birthday!

Nef Family said...

If anybody deserves a great day, it is Kristen. We smile with you!!!

Kristi said...

awwwww looks like SO much fun!! So glad she had a great birthday!!! YAY!! :)
Kristi