I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Time flies when you're having fun.

It must be true. Cause we are having fun and another week has already passed.
Kristen and I are still hanging out at home and loving it.
With the passing of another week, we are right back at the part where we go back to the bone marrow clinic and this time Kristen is due for another spinal tap.
She just got feeling better from the last one and it’s already time to knock her down again.

Kristen in still on some IV drugs and fluids that run for 10 hours every night. This morning I had to take my son to school, so I asked one of my daughters to lay with Kristen and listen for her IV pump to beep. I gave her quick instructions and then ran out the door. I returned 15 minutes later and heard Kristen dancing around up in her room. I thought that’s weird, I hope she has her fluid and pump in her hand. I ran upstairs to find Kristen free of the IV pump and my other daughter sound asleep.
Seems Kristen took the liberty of freeing herself from the IV pump all by herself.
Not a good thing as there is already a high risk for infection and her line could clot.
At least Kristen was very proud of herself and happily said, I did it!

10 comments:

gail said...

There's a part of me that is happy for Kristen's moment of joy and freedom. She so deserves each and every one. We'll just keep praying for her. She is amazing.

Cindy said...

Kristen, you stinker! :)
"If you get the chance to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance!" Le Ann Womack

I'm glad you got to dance!!

Amy L said...

Bless her heart, she wanted to dance!!:) And Kristen, you look beautiful in your purple butterfly shirt and pretty headband on!
Amy

ABandCsMom said...

Gotta love that independence coming out in her, even through the rough times!

Lacey said...

How funny, she's seen it enough, she was ready to tackle it!

To Love Endlessly said...

So do you scold her or celebrate? hehe, kids sure do keep you on your toes, huh?

Angi said...

Good for you Kristen!! Such a smarty pants!!

Peter Olson said...

Don't you mean to say "Bone Marrow Transplant February 24, 2010"? ;-)
Ha! Ha! Time flying by - I know.

Kristen's mom said...

Thank you Peter! I am now taking applications for a proof reader and a spell checker. I need both.

Heather said...

Hello my amazing Utah friends.I am re-surfacing.Trying to crawl out of the hole I have dug for myself and your sweet face Kristen, was just the thing I needed to bring light to my day!Love your butterfly shirt by the way, as you know We are big fans of butterflies in this house ... check out Miss Zoey's new backpack when you get a minute.

Well,where to begin?...the blankets,why of course!Which are incredible.Each one of them.I know my oldest posted you a quick thank you but I must again say,wow ... thank you,thank you,thank you.Like you have spare time on your hands Polly!You will be glad to know that on Saturday we will be making our drop.That will be number 3 since October and we plan on 3 more before the year ends.I will be posting a story that needs to be told about this little project that started out of a need to do SOMETHING and now,when I tell the story,everyone will see why this project needs to be successful.In fact,I will have it no other way.
Having blankets made by you all,make it all the more special.

Sending you all love and prayers as your miraculous journey continues.Kristen is our personal hero.Always will be.

*Love the new blog look too!!