I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Monday, April 26, 2010

The sun will come out tomorrow.

An update on our little rockstar.
Her blood tests show that her kidneys are suffering due to the bone marrow transplant and also the medication she is on. A few adjustments on medication were made and levels will be checked again on Thursday. She continues to be on IV fluids and some IV medication for 14 hours a day. I start her at 7pm and run until 9am. Kristen's birthday is a week from today. I hope she has enough of a white count to go to lunch and a movie if she wants to. We'll go early and avoid crowds. She loves her birthday so hopefully the chemo she will receive this Thursday won't set her back.
We are hoping for an uneventful week.
Our hearts and prayers continue to be with Joany.




I feel like I have been stuck in a day that is gray for about 3 days now. This past week two more of our precious friends passed away, both children. I keep asking myself how I ever arrived here. This place or circle of friends where children dying are a part of our every day. With that being said, I need to say that although some might think this is a bad place to be, I have found this a magical place. Not the part about the friends leaving a vacancy in our hearts, but the magical part of family, friends, neighbors and even strangers being drawn together for the sake of a child. My new circle of friends are firm in the fire, they do not flinch, they go forward with faith and hope. Rather it’s the child or their sweet mother or father they continue forward unwrapping and peeling back the layers of unnecessary stuff that keeps them from moving forward. My new circle of friends support each other; they are continually stretching and reaching as they face life changing and heart wrenching moments every day. Many of my friends have hearts that harbor deep sorrow. They are faced each day with fears that trouble the soul. Yet they still continue to move forward even in the most desperate situations. Here in my new circle their is always something to marvel about. There is beauty and ingenuity around every corner. We all have our problems and we have them aplenty. At times when I have felt discouraged, spent or my faith is lacking it has been my family and my circle of friends that carry with them the things I lack, and they are so willing to share with me and build me up. As we continue down the path and are faced with steep hills, rough spots and mud puddles, I find comfort in knowing that someone is always right there to take my hand and show me the way.
My friends have uncovered courage, they live it, they breathe it and they share it.
I love where I am today, in this very moment.



11 comments:

Amy L said...

Oh, I am sorry to hear this. I didn't expect to and again I am in tears. It has been such a sad time this past week. I pray that Kristen's health will improve. I pray that her birthday will bring a lot of smiles from Kristen. She is just so precious!
Amy

Heather said...

Will be praying for that lunch and movie.I know your wonder girl can do it.I have all the confidence that she'll blow through this bump in the road and be on her way to being IV free before long.

Love to you and your sad heart.Right there with you my friend.

crazymother said...

I hope that she has enough counts and no more IV stuff to mess with to celebrate her birthday no matter what it is that she wants to do! She sure is a treasure!

To Love Endlessly said...

I'm praying for good results and a healthy week so she can enjoy her birthday. She's got a lot of reasons to celebrate those days.

stephanie said...

Come on Rockstar!!! Time to rally!!!!
You got a birthday coming!!
sending prayers and hugs!!

Meghann said...

Extra prayers for the birthday girl!

Sasha said...

Hoping that all goes well and that Kristen get's a good birthday. Hang in there. Hopefully the med change will help her out.

Cindy said...

I was sad to hear about Kristen's health. We'll be praying that her kidneys become healthy again.

Kristen, we hope you have a great week and a fun birthday! Lots of people are praying for you. You're not alone. Get better soon!

Brighton said...

Praying for healthy kidneys, lunch and a movie. A perfect birthday gift. *hugs* Love, Sara in Texas

Becca said...

It sure has been a rough week. My thoughts are with you and Kristen, hoping for health and recovery. Happy early birthday, beautiful girl!

Suzie said...

I'm sorry to hear Kristen is having a hard week. I will say a prayer that she is able to have some birthday fun!