I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Friday, April 23, 2010

Life is Precious

Today we received word that sweet Carly passed away very unexpectedly. We are all still waiting to hear the details as this came on suddenly. Carly was in school just yesterday. She was diagnosed with leukemia at the age of 2.  Her mother, Joany, has been such a support to so many of us. She always offers a kind word and wise advice. We have all grown to love both Carly and Joany. Cute little Carly came to this world and brought with her many charms to brighten the lives of all those whom she crossed paths with. This past December, shortly after Kristen relapsed, we received a very large package. It was from Joany and Carly. It was filled with many gifts, each one individually wrapped. This truly brightened Kristen's day. It proved to me that true love and friendship exist.We were honored to send Carly a Birthday gift for her 8th birthday this past January. Here are the pictures of her opening the gift.

Thank You Joany for sharing Carly and allowing her to be part of our life.
It seems odd as I keep checking Joany's blog for an update, tears streaming down my cheeks, I see the headline from her last post,
"Everything's going to be alright."

7 comments:

Kristin said...

I, too, couldn't help note the title of her last blog post. Praying they find peace thru all of this.

Lacey said...

I am still in utter shock. And I got goosebumps when I went to her blog and read her last post. That her girl was going to be ok. Eerie

My name is Sarah said...

This is Joyce, Such a shocking and tragic reminder that each day is truly priceless. We in this T21 blogging community understand that so much more than the average parent, yet still the shock of loosing one of our friends is heartbreaking. I think of her parents of course and her dear siblings but also her precious schoolmates. They are so young to understand. Prayers are needed for Carly's entire circle of family and friends.

Heather said...

Look at that sweet girl.So precious,so innocent, so needing to still be here.I am still in utter shock and disbelief.


Send you love Polly and your warrior girl too.and if I haven't told you lately,thank you for being in our lives.Your presence here,beside Zoey and I has lightened the load and enriched our moments,all of them,in ways you will never,ever know.

stephanie said...

I loved that post of Joany's!
Everything is going to be alright!

I am trying to believe that, but not tonight
Love to you all!

Peter Olson said...

"Everything's going to be alright"
Amen!


And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."
He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true."
Revelation 21:3-5 (NIV)

鈺禎 said...

外表往往與事實本身不符,世人卻容易被表面裝飾所欺騙了 ..................................................