I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

This is how Kristen's morning started out. She was curled up in a ball sitting all snug in the chair. I was wondering what it was going to take to get her out of that chair to hunt for her Easter basket. Soon her sister came in and just picked her up and searching they went.  After finding her basket she was ready to get up and ready for the day. I was happy that she wanted to help with the eggs and the cookies. She had a fun day and went back up to her room in the early afternoon. Our family was all coming over so it was best for her to be up there away from all the people. I was thinking about last Easter how she had just finished her 8 months of chemo and was in remission. We were all very thankful that she had done so well and was finally home. Now this Easter, so much has happened in the last year and again we are thankful that she is home and doing well. Looking back at this past year it is hard to imagine that she relapsed, she endured more chemo, went back into remission and had a bone marrow transplant. We are at day +39, which is 39 days since transplant.
Kristen has again beat the odds and amazed us all.

Both of the great Grandmas had an egg hunt for my grandchildren.
We all had tons of fun!
And of course Rich had to let the bunny out to tease the kids.

9 comments:

The VW's said...

What precious pictures!!! You are such an inspiration Kristen! Love, Hugs and Prayers!!!

stephanie said...

Happy Easter! What beautiful pics!! i love the one of Kristen being carried. Tooo Sweet!
So happy Kristen was able to take part in all the fun activities.

Lacey said...

Easter this year there's much to celebrate. Kristen is home and doing fantastic! What could be better?!

Peter Olson said...

I agree with you, beautiful pictures! Looks like everyone had a lot of fun. ;-)
God Bless you all!
Great job Kristen, keep it up!

Nicki Swilor said...

Your pictures even look fun and "springy" even though I know it was snowy and FREEZING! I love all the colors. I'm so glad Kristen was able to enjoy the fun this year. She's so awesome!

Are you sure Richard was teasing the kids or was he teasing the bunny? Either way, it looked like a blast!

Amy L said...

Kristen's smile just melts my heart! What a blessing she is!
Amy

Angi said...

So VERY HAPPY to see Kristen's sis "helped" get her going....love that she got to celebrate!!!Brought a smile to my face and a tear to my eyes!!

v辰原 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ABandCsMom said...

Beautiful Kristen! You are such an amazing person. I'm so happy you were feeling up to taking part in the Easter fun.