I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Finally back to 98.7

 Yesterday was not a good day for Kristen. She was curled up in a cozy ball for most of the day. I checked her temperature throughout the day and every time I would check it was up a little. It started at 99.6 then 99.8 and finally topped at 100.2. Might not seem like a big deal except for Kristen if it reaches 100.5 we are back in the hospital. When the cancer kids have low counts things change fast. One minute they are fine and the next minute they are very sick. Me, being the over obsessive, looking for the storm kind of mom, I kept touching her head all night just making sure she wasn't hot. I was surprised to wake up and the first thing did was say and do the sign for "sausage muffin." I immediately felt her head and it was as cool as a cucumber and the thermometer verified 98.7. Just the fact that she was asking for food was a GREAT sign. Today should be a much better day.
Yesterday was a big mail day for Kristen. She received several cards and even a package
from a new friend named Sara who lives in Texas.
She sent an apron a cook book and a lot of other fun things that
 Kristen loves. As you can see she really does open every card
 and letter and has me read them to her.
She loves them. Thank You!


One more thing, Any ideas on what I can do with all of these...
Our hens are laying 7 eggs a day. I have no more room in the fridge and what
will I ever do with all these eggs?

10 comments:

Cindy said...

I'm so thankful Kristen is better today. We pray for her often. Glad to see the mail pouring in! It's always fun to receive mail!
Cindy and Beth

To Love Endlessly said...

Glad to hear Kristen is doing better. I hope she continues to feel well.

Incredible Edible Eggs! I'd make lots of french toast OR you can donate them to a local shelter. I bet they'd like fresh scrambled eggs in the morning for breakfast. :-)

Amy L said...

Praise Jesus, that Kristen is feeling better.:) I'm praying every day for your special girl! Just love to see her smile!:)
Amy

Rita said...

The eggs? I don't live near you but give them to friends. They would love to have them. Delicious! Maybe someone who has brought a dish or helped a bit in someway.

Peter Olson said...

Keep up that great job (storm chaser) mom! ;-)

You could sell those extra eggs. $2.00/doz.

"If an egg and a half costs a penny and a half, how much does a dozen eggs cost?"

Stay healthy!

Monica said...

Kristen looks great! I pray that everyday just keeps getting better and better.

Gosh I guess I would probably sell some of those eggs. Maybe if you know someone who is not feeling well...or hard on their luck...maybe a nice healthy quiche or some egg drop soup!

Hey...which comes first..The chicken or the egg?

Suzie said...

She looks great and I glad she is feeling better.
If you are serious about the eggs I work for a support provider in which all the clients have disabilities, have food stamps and a very limited budget. I'm sure they could use some.

Jason and Niki said...

I love your blog. You commented on mine so I thought I would check yours out! Your daughter is beautiful! I wish you the best and if your in the hospital in the next 2 weeks please stop in and say hi I would love to meet you. From room 4422!

JennyH said...

You are so loved! What a great day to get all those gifts.

That's a lot of eggs.... You could sell them or give them away. Someone had a good idea above.. to donate to a shelter.

Take care.

Stephanie said...

You know you can freeze eggs? We use old fashioned ice cube trays. You put one egg in each cube, mix the white & yolk and add either sugar or salt - depending on what you are going to use them for.

You can get more info by going to www.backwoodshome.com Look for Jackie Clay's forum and you can do a search. She also tells how to preserve eggs with a vinegar wash and using some sort of gel. :)

Enjoy!

Hugs & prayers to Kristen.

Steph and Christopher

www.ourlittlemanhasmoore.blogspot.com