I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Lovin Life

Kristen had a clinic appointment yesterday. I wasn’t sure I would get her out of the house, but as soon as I told her that we weren’t going to sleep there, she walked out of the house willingly. Well, sort of, seems her legs muscles are sore and she can hardly walk. It happens every time after a long stay in the hospital. She is always so excited to be home that she dances around quite a bit. She’s OK for the first day then it hits. For the next few days I carry her wherever she wants to go. I’m getting pretty good at it except I usually need a back-up for up and down the stairs. The clinic appointment went well. Kristen’s blood counts continue to rise. She is still low on magnesium and a couple other things, so the IV fluids will continue. She is on the fluid for 10 hours a day. She has another check-up on Wednesday. It will be day +28 (28 days post transplant) some of her meds will be dropped and others added. I found out yesterday that she will receive 4 lumbar punctures (spinal taps) 2 weeks apart for 8 weeks. This is where they will put chemo in her spine and draw out spinal fluid to check things. When Kristen relapsed in November, she tested positive for leukemia in her spinal fluid. This is mostly a precaution to make sure it is still clear as the other chemo doesn’t make it to there. She really hates these. She doesn’t like being put to sleep and then she is sore for a few days
 and usually nausea comes with it.
She’ll get through is just like she gets through everything else.

Kristen continues to amaze everyone. She does things her way, pushing forward, moving mountains, whatever it takes to get back to the place she loves, HOME. And here we are,
getting a taste of normalcy back in our lives. And we both love it.

I am so grateful that our prayers have been answered. We have has many spiritual experiences throughout this past year and a half. We know that Kristen has been blessed and watched over. There has been miracles happen before our very eyes. I am so thankful for the many prayers that have been offered in Kristen's behalf throughout the world. Many different beliefs and religions have been brought together for the sake of one special little girl. It touches my heart to hear of the children that are praying for Kristen. There is nothing like the faith of a child.

Being a tease at the clinic yesterday

5 comments:

stefanie said...

I am happy that things are going well, still so much to do, I hope you are doing ok, this is got to be so hard and tiring for you....keeping you in my prayers too.

Peter Olson said...

We continue to pray for Kristen.
I like the flowered shirts - pretty.
I agree with Kristen; those spinal taps/chemotherapy make me sick too.
God Bless You All!

Heather said...

Miracles.. they do happen.Kristen is proof positive of that.Prayers continue in California.

Cindy said...

Great smile in your 'tease' picture Kristen! So glad you are home and doing better.

JennyH said...

Glad she is home. Hope her legs feel better soon.

She is the biggest rock star I know!