I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Sunday, March 14, 2010

A Long Week

I was starting to wonder if this week would ever end. I shouldn't complain, not even a little. I am told daily that Kristen is right on schedule and doing just what the docs expected her to do. In fact, this phase for most children lasts up to 2 weeks. We were able to get Kristen off the morphine pump yesterday. Her white count has helped the sores throughout her GI tract begin the healing process. She is still only eating a few bites of soup every day, but at least she can swallow. She was not able to swallow or even talk for the past few days. Last night as I led her to the restroom, she passed the mirror and stopped. She rubbed her head and said, "My Hair!" Then she let out a grumble of sorts and then a whine and a repeat of "My hair!" She has been so out of it that I guess she didn't notice that the little bit of hair she had was falling out. I reminded her that the medicine makes her hair fall out but it also makes her get better. I told her I would buy her some new hats and she seemed to understand. We are hoping for a good week. Engraftment could be on it's way, which will mean one step closer to home.

7 comments:

Lacey said...

Keep it up sweet girl, you are an amazing women! Sending kisses from me and Jax!

My name is Sarah said...

This is Joyce. Thinking of you Polly. I can only imagine how tired you must be. Sending hugs and energy vibes your way. Praying things continue in the positive direction.

Amy L said...

I'm praying here for your beautiful angel Kristen! She has such a sweet smile and I hope that she is smiling alot very soon!
Amy Lucas

The VW's said...

Keep doing a great job Kristen and Momma! You are amazing! Love and Hugs!!!

Peter Olson said...

We are praying for that engraftment to take hold. Tell Kristen that her hair will come back and it will be soft and more beautiful than before. ;-)

mandd3 said...

What a strong lovely daughter you have. I'm praying she continues to improve quickly and keeps her bright spirit strong.

ABandCsMom said...

Keep on Rockin' Kristen! You are beautiful with or without hair!