I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Engraftment and HOME!!!

Happy St. Patrick's Day
Thanks to the kind person who made and donated the
pillow cases to the children.

Yeah for Kristen!  Her blood counts have been on the rise for the past few days, which means ENGRAFTMENT!
Her brothers bone marrow has found it's way and is
producing healthy cells.
We were able to come HOME today!
Kristen is still quite sick and is expected to be so for quite some time. She will be seen in the bone marrow clinic two times a week for a while. If she gets a fever or any illness at all, then we are right back in the hospital. She had to come home on IV fluids as she is not drinking enough. She is hardly eating. Hopefully her appetite will return soon.
Thanks for all your kind words and support.
Kristen received many more cards and she loves each one of them.
I tried to get a picture of all of them hanging on her board, but I couldn't quite get them all.
Home Sweet Home

22 comments:

Amy L said...

Welcome Home Kristen! I pray you are feeling better soon!
Amy

Lacey said...

Are you serious? Home? I can't believe it! I thought kids that had bone marrow transplants were in for months! I bet it was so nice to sleep in her own bed. She definitely looks like she's been through the ringer, but she's coming out on top again!

stephanie said...

Whoo Hoo!!! You are The Amazing Princess Rock Star Kristen!

Amber said...

I can't believe Kristen is Home!!! Congratulations on soaring through transplant! Kristen really is a total ROCKSTAR. Enjoy being home!

Nicki Swilor said...

Amazing!

Kristin said...

You must be so happy!

Tricia said...

Yeah! I am so glad you are home. I will keep praying for your healing. Blessings to you and yours!

My name is Sarah said...

So happy you are home. Now the real healing can take place in the comfort of your own bed.

ABandCsMom said...

Welcome home Kristen!!

Kim said...

That is awesome that she got to go home! Prayers that she will continue to grow healthy cells. I love her pillowcase. I actually posted on my blog about the pillowcases we are making for our hospital. The shamrocks are very cute!

mandd3 said...

Oh glorious day! You must all be so relieved to be HOME!

Candice said...

yay im glad she is home! She is so strong! :D

Jana said...

So good that she is back at home!!!! Thanks for letting us stop in for a little bit today and for the pans. If you need help with anything at all just give me a call!!!

Heather said...

Welcome home sweet girl.We are so proud of you.You are one amazing girl and you are simply and truly our personal inspiration.Rest and gather back your strength and know you are loved and prayed for by so many.

Mucki said...

Welcome Home Kristen! I hope and pray you feel better soon and are up and about before you know it. I can't begin to know what you must be going through but I know you are a really really brave girl! Lots of love Sushmitax

Tina said...

This is the happiest news ever...welcome back home kristin, and keep getting better each day.
Prayers continue....

The VW's said...

YAY! So happy to hear that you are home! Keep fighting hard and showing the world what an amazing girl you are! HUGS!!!

時尚 said...

Subtlety is better than force. ..................................................

Peter Olson said...

Praise the Lord! Fantastic news!
We continue to pray for Kristen's continued healing. We hope she is feeling better very soon.

To Love Endlessly said...

woohoo!!! I'm gonna keep on praying!

Jeana said...

YEAAAHHH!! We're so glad you are home and pray that she won't catch anything. Kristen you are AMAZING and your family is right there with you!

Cindy said...

Kristen, I am so glad you are home! That is such great news! I bet you enjoy sleeping in your own bed! I'll pray that you continue to get better.