I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Friday, February 19, 2010

Day -5

Arriving at 5am. Someone looks tired. The picture below will be our
"Before" picture, as in before the trains rolls in.

Now we'll start counting the days. We start at -5 and work our way to 0. Day 0 will be Kristen's bone marrow transplant and it will become her bone marrow birthday. The nurses and staff will all come in and sing and bring gifts to celebrate Kristen's new chance at life. We arrived here at the hospital at 5am this morning. Chemo started at 6am and will continue for 4 days. Kristen is on several medications to counteract the many side effects of the chemo and to prepare her for the transplant. We enjoyed the last few weeks at home. I can't say I accomplished much but I can say that I enjoyed being home and just living life. Kristen has done very well the past few weeks. She has gained a pound or two and the sparkle has returned to her eyes. I believe this added strength will help her in the coming weeks.
Thanks to all who have been praying for Kristen. I know this has helped her and will continue to sustain her over the next few weeks.

12 comments:

Suzie said...

Hi Kristen!
Lily wants to spend more time with you! Get better soon :-)
xoxo Suzie and Lily

Tricia said...

Counting down to 0 with you. I will keep praying.

Kim said...

We continue to send prayers up for Kristen. She is such a trooper!

Lacey said...

Kristen does look great, ready to take on the world! How long does she have to stay in hiding after the bone marrow transplant?

Brandi said...

Wishing you all the best!

The VW's said...

I'll be thinking of you both and PRAYING!!! Hope her body handles all of this well.....she is obviously a fighter, so I bet she will do great! Love, Hugs and Prayers!!!

ABandCsMom said...

Praying for Kristen! And the rest of you too ;0)

Blessed with Boys said...

Keep fight Kristen!! We have been praying for you and will continue to do so!!!!

Nef Family said...

We keep thinking of you and praying for you!

Heather said...

Keeping you all close in prayer.Knowing that Kristen and her indomitable spirit will beat this thing ... "hoping for another miracle."

Angi said...

Carver and I looked at pictures of Kristen tonight and he wanted to know if she was "all" better yet...I told him she's working on it... :) saying a prayer and cheering for Kristen, you will be in our thoughts...

Sasha said...

Catching up here. Sounds like you are in for a hard couple of days. I read that the transplant will be next week. Just thinking and praying for you and sending strength and hugs on this journey. You can do it Kristen!!!